UK Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippi

Reaction score
As i am a bit lazy when it comes to posting i thought it about time to stick my Dormy on the gallery, i bought it early this year (2 hrs before going to bristol volksfest in it) as an mot'd running project.
I have done a fair bit since these pics but heres a few for starters.

DSCF0527-1.jpg

As like most uk buses the bodys had its fair share of botched repairs but its good in all the right places underneath.

DSCF0526-1.jpg

The top half in these pics i've allready done as i wanted to use the bus for the summer shows and replace the leaky seals etc, every window has been out and rust dealt with plus new seals all round.

024-1.jpg

Now the seasons over the work begins.
DSCF0532-1.jpg

Some nice old repairs :lol:
DSCF0535-1.jpg

Getting some fresh tin in.
DSCF0536-1.jpg

DSCF0538-1.jpg

Other side not much better so new metal here too.
DSCF0546-1.jpg

DSCF0550-1.jpg

All etch primed up and trying to get drivable for Oktoberfest
like i said im a bit slow on getting pics up :oops: :)
DSCF0553-1.jpg

lots more to come ( and do), now off for my sunday roast and a cool beer. :mrgreen:
DSCF0554-1.jpg

Eventually got round to doing the front... got to be one of the worst panels on a bus to change imho :x the new ones just dont fit well.

010-1.jpg

found a few nastys, the inner panels been replaced but wtf use bitumen instead of waxoil :shock:

014-4.jpg

pushing on with progress :mrgreen:

002.jpg

crappy brazilian panels joined up :p

0092-1.jpg

A lot of work later and well pleased :) :mrgreen:

0102-1.jpg

frontclip2.jpg

Arches and floor to do next. :msn4:

Nice to see some pics.

Look forward to seeing the next batch of pics sometime 2011..... ;)

The best thing about the xmas hols after the presents & eating and drinking lots is lots of time to work on the bus :p

plus i thought i'd better get some more progress pics up before 2011 :lol:

0053.jpg

003-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

0043.jpg

I've had to make the best of a bad job on the floors, cut all the old patches out and put one butt welded patch on each side.Not the prettiest, but rust free now.
Only downside this time of year is its frikin freezing in the garage, could always clean some bits up inside on the dining room table ready for fitting......... :lol:

other half not impressed with this suggestion. :x :)

Quick update, finally got the bus in primer and hopefully will be in paint within the next couple of weeks.
I will put up some more interesting pics other than primer shots!, i just need it to be a bit warmer as i am now finding myself walking in to the garage, staring at it for 10 mins :? and going back inside :) .

..its probably the beer (or something else.. ;) ) ..

but just like seeing an image of jesus on the turin shroud .. if you look at the last picture ..

..Im sure i can see Ronnie Barker in the dust on the floor!!

.. i'll just have one more ..

Hilly

Finally in paint hooray :D, and after a long shall i and shant i on choosing colours i finally played safe and plumped for Pastel White ( its og colour ).
Sorry for the cr@ppy pics but its buried in the bottom of the workshop so i havn't been able to get it outside.

Image0005.jpg

Image0022.jpg

Image0021.jpg

Just working on the inside too so will get some "interesting" pics up :mrgreen:

Congrats dude on getting to this stage 8)

Colour looks like a nice choice - is the poptop being done the same colour too?

Looking forward to seeing the next pics ;)

Cheers for comments, im going to paint the pop top, bumpers and badge in a whiter white :mrgreen: , im still confused over the different whites out there, is it cloud white that i see on most pastel buses or something else :shock: :?.
I think it may be pastel white all over on a 71 Dormy but i want a bit of a contrast, any colour pervs out there shed some light ?.

well, i have been busy building a new interior for the bus.

The original had been recovered at some point and like a lot of dormys it was in a bad way.
010-4.jpg

I wanted a 70's feel to the new interior and didnt want to loose that light and airy feel that you get with a dormy :) .
And after a bit of rebuilding i came up with this.

Image0060.jpg

I hope you all like it as much as i do, i am going to start a new thread on the building of it as soon as i have a bit more time. :)

Nice interpretation on your units 8)

Have they been rebuilt or just recovered?

Latest posts