UK RHD original paint 68 bay project.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers!

Got the cargo floor fully welded in now & made a panel for the lower rear firewall, I couldn't seem to get one so I had to improvise. If I do get one it's easy enough to reverse but by the time its seam sealed it won't look a miss, plus it's 2mm plate so it's heavy duty!

Basically all the major welding is done. Just a couple of bits to tidy up, seam seal then paint underneath. All the major mechanical bits are built so hopefully 3-4 more weeks - fingers crossed!

Gill.

I've been ill for the last couple of days so haven't felt like doing much. Managed to get 1/2 an hour last night trial fitting the Worlsburg West walkthru matts - very nice fit!

Gill.

Some updates...

All welding now done & underneath sealed & body colour, just have one more coat to apply. Putting the final skims of filler on now - which is the worst job ever! Most of the mechanical hard work is done so I predict about another month.

Gill.

Still going!

Loads more progress... Need to catch up with updates!

Engine bay, wiring, steering, engine & brakes all done!

null_zps7d60a45d.jpg

null_zps06c9a30a.jpg

null_zpsf43b8e20.jpg

null_zps39049902.jpg

null_zps3fb033a2.jpg

Gill.

68 / 67 borderline. Loads of stuff stamped 12 / 67. Came to UK 20th Jan 68.

No Swiss connection Chris, just a nice SWF light up country sign that someone stuck a CH sticker on!

Some more pics after a second buff... Also tweaked the stance but can't go any lower due to my drive having a dip at the top. Besides a quite like not having to clench my 4rsehole at the sight of a speed bump!

null_zpsa119c11e.jpg

null_zpsa1dc6199.jpg

null_zps790ab4b1.jpg

null_zps69b65cc0.jpg

Gill

Nah I'll keep the original plate - doesn't bother me one iota!!!

Cheers for the comments! I'm putting the interior together now in preparation for a trip to France!

Gill

Latest posts