Ultimate Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aircured

Reaction score
Looking to generate some information for a potential future project.

I like the idea of a total restoration including:-
1. Porsche engine - what would fit in, with the least modifications required. :D
2. What gear box would I need / would be best suited. :shock:
3. What type of front and rear suspension would be best for a van lowered roughly 3 inch's.
4. Standard or Narrowed beam. :?:
5. What discs, front & rear.
6. Wheel suggestions.
7. Any other mods / money is not endless, just not realy on a budget... well at least till er in doors finds out about the cost anyway. :oops:

Depends the style of van your building really!
With the porka engine it would be just as easy (or hard!) to fit something like a subaru turbo lump and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck and possibly something more reliable.

Wasn't bothered that it was a porsche engine.
Just looking for something a bit different. :shock:

Am on the look out for a RHD double cab, as a full resto. :roll:
Never done it before, just keen to learn and get something out of it. :mrgreen:

ProfessorWheeto said:
With the porka engine it would be just as easy (or hard!) to fit something like a subaru turbo lump and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck and possibly something more reliable.

I totally agree that a Subaru turbo would be faster and more reliable too, BUT there is just something oh so cool about having a Porsche motor in a bus :mrgreen:

Westy Richardson said:
ProfessorWheeto said:

I totally agree that a Subaru turbo would be faster and more reliable too, BUT there is just something oh so cool about having a Porsche motor in a bus :mrgreen:
They fit straight in :lol:
Uber cool has proved this

Latest posts