Unbody harness run tube - corrosion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a quick one for you. Luckily the underside of my van is generally pretty good when it comes to rust, however there is a tube (roughly 20-25mm diameter) that runs fore/aft between the two cross beam supports in the middle of the van about 400mm outboard of the heater tube running down the centre of the van that is rusty. Inside it carriers a wiring harness.

So....
1) Does anyone know if you can get replacement pipes - I can't seem to find them on our ususal internet VW parts providers.

2) Has anyone replaced one and can you do it without splicing the loom.... :cry:

Thanks in advance...

James

You should be able to get the tube from a steel wholesaler, removing the loom from the front and withdrawing it far enough to change the tube is quite involved but doable :)

Thanks Moler,have you removed one before..? If so is it easy to actually remove the pipe?

Cheers,

I haven't no, but have seen quite a few rotten tubes and reckon that once the loom is out of the way it should easy to remove what's left of the tube.

:)

Latest posts