Under pedal pan belly pans on 68-70

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vw_mad

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to obtain some pictures of under pedal pans / belly pans fitted to the front section of a 68-70 early bay van.
As if I could see one fitted it would help no end in me fitting one as will not be able to lift the van so limited on room etc. as having trouble finding the fixing holes they may be full of crap but some pictures would point me in the right way.
Thanks rich

As mine is off I was able to take a couple of pics. This is from a 70 RHD.

It has three holes along the back and front long sides, then one in the middle on the short sides (8 in total if you can't make them out in the pic)

I could only get this pic of the underside. You can see one of the bolt holes on the top right of the picture and that rusty bit at the top in the middle is the centre hole (crap in there at the moment).

I presume the front of it goes in to the inner valance but I don't have mine on at the moment so cannot be sure although it seems likely. It was December I took it off so not too sure if all 8 had bolts in them. I seem to remember writing on the sandwich bag there were only 6.

Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks for the info and pictures
Mine looks different under Neath is you an early 70 low light wide 5 etc of later 70??
As the unit I am getting is thinner at the front and getting wider towards the back ?
D40A865A-5620-433B-9EB1-85870D589A8A-1318-000001AE03C47802.jpg

Hmmmm, interesting. Mine is an early 70, production date of November 69. I will say that prior to December last year I knew nothing about campers so mine could well be wrong, as the bus has had a lot of previous owners so who knows what they've done.

Would be great if someone else could chime in, as although mine does taper in a bit it doesn't look anywhere near as much as yours.

Latest posts