under tray advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valetecdavid

Reaction score
Hi all i am selling my camper due to the fact that the wife does not like camping.......been 3 times and she hated it everytime,anyway a couple of people have been to see her and one said i should take off the under tray,now im new to campers (since october) i wasnt really familar with undertrays.......he said that you dont need em they serve no perpose ,most vans dont have em,and the fact that mine has one will put most people off whats anyone elses opinion,if it was up to me i wouldnt sell her but i need a quiet life and her in draws will not be happy if i dont sell .......cheaper to get rid of the camper than the wife!!!!

.......cheaper to get rid of the camper than the wife!!!!

Not necessarily! Please send picture and I may know someone who might make an offer, for the wife.

Personally, first off I'd tell him to F**k off and stop wasting your time if he isn't serious about buying.

Mines not got them but I dont think people would necessarily be put off as they do serve a purpose of keeping crap/salt/rain etc out after all!

use it as a selling point, be open and upfront about it.

If someone likes your bus enough they wont mind IMO

Undertray????

are you refering to the pedal tray or as I suspect the bellypans?

is yours a pop top or tin top?

they do have several points one keeping crap away from the chassis the other to put back rigidity removed when sunroofs, double sliders and pop tops were fitted

keep the van and use it as a very user friendly family car go away on fishing weekends without her and your sorted :D

thanks guys for your comments ,yes aaron i had not thought of that its a dormobile with pop up roof so the "bell pan" probably adds regidity i am not taking it off just to sell it you guys are right if it doesnt sell then ill have to keep her and the wife will have to lump it ;-)

Belly pans can hide things.....
They can also do a good job of protecting whats underneath, I would think anyone that knows what they are talking about could probably make an educated guess whether there is likely to be a problem under there by the condition (and state of repair) of the surrounding areas & the rest of the bus ;)

In my experience.....
Give em a bash with your fist in the middle, if there is no noise its ok. If it sounds like rust jumping about on top of the belly pans, that will be your inner sills :roll:

Rich :msn4:

Hoosier said:
In my experience.....
Give em a bash with your fist in the middle, if there is no noise its ok. If it sounds like rust jumping about on top of the belly pans, that will be your inner sills :roll:

Blast inch deep Waxoil in there so the rust 'sticks' :lol:

out of interest you got any pics? friend of mine has got money burning a whole in his pocket since he sold his late bay last week...

Clem said:
Hoosier said:
In my experience.....

Blast inch deep Waxoil in there so the rust 'sticks' :lol:

:mrgreen:

thats looks like a great van for the money. i can imagine there will be i little bit of rust behind the pans but like you say it is 38 years old so it aint guna be new. romping engine, sleeping 4 with a full mot, its worth 8k all day long. good luck with the sale if you really have to sell but if i were you id keep it for the odd weekend away with your mates.

...I have a £1500 welding bill experience of belly pans. :evil:

Prob would be very wary of them on any other bus I bought :evil: ......apparently the bang test isn't a good test :roll: ......

lovely bus tho man...mine was a £1500 yrs MOT jobbie :lol: .......so slightly different to yours

don't worry about them. ;)

wouldnt be that noticeable what you may find is that theres a bit more body roll and pitching "may" ....you could always let in and inspection hatch....