• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

unique 71 panel van for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2003mexican

Reaction score
we have a unique 71 panel van for sale. A surveillance van.
built by westfalia with a code of SO72/7 so it's got a westi interior / factory espach heater to the left of the 1600 (rebuilt engine) and all in a panel van that honestly is VERY solid ... as in factory original sills with the drain points in the bottom of the inner stills etc. solid original battery trays both sides, solid rails and floors. Solid doors including underneath area's by the wheel arches, solid arches all round. Original paint on the van (except I think the front has had a blow over at some time ) and stickers are original ones on the sliding door along with above the wheels. the seats are un ripped and I believe to be original too.
it comes with history and also an article in a magazine about the van. Believe it won 3rd at a show too. Not been driven for a couple of years but regularly turned over and it runs good plus sailed thro the MOT each year all the owners years of ownership.

In all my vw years (since 1980 - and i own a 54, 70 cabrio & 2003 mexi bug and a 72 bay screen) i have NEVER seen one of these ' and as i also own an original 72 danbury ( we are 2nd owner from new from the vw Chelmsford dealership) and as it's fitted (later fitment) viking roof and a type 4 LE engine installed ... i must say if i had the money i would personally buy it.

the owner is looking at £17k but is open to sensible offers.

I have given the van a REAL good going over for myself to purchase it .... AND the only bits I can see that need doing is the bottom of the n/s jacking point and possibly two small sections on the cab floor where the diagonal cross chassis rail runs under the cab floor both sides ( about 2 inch sq area).
guy that is selling it is my next door neibours brother in law ( it's near Dundee).

Also there is a small scrape in front of the n/s rear wheel arch and a 1/2 rust spot near this. the o/s has a scrape to the bottom on the long panel at the base. can send pics etc if you are interested. try here too

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/essex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ight%20bay

can take any pics for you if required.
cheers
ian

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/essex_gibbo/embed/slideshow/low%20light%20bay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Latest posts