• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

UPDATED 1971 Crossover Bay - Sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Eccles

Reaction score
Due to death of son in law my daughter has to sell their bus. Not an easy decision but needs the money. 1971 Swedish import tin top. Tax exempt. Twin Weber race carbs, electric fuel pump, tuned 1800 engine - cruises beautifully. Recarro cab seats (mmm comfort) full hand built wood camping interior by first owner (boat builder). Featured in Inspirational Interiors book. Hook up, leisure battery, fridge, demountable sink / cooker unit, cab sunroof, TV aeriel (not digital!), childs cab bunk, porta potti cupboard etc etc. Sun canopy awning and camping awning included. Drives beautifully I wish we could keep it. When we decided to sell we found out this was real bad underneath so its been all done properly with everything replaced - front beam, inner and outer sills, jacking points, top hats, I sections, rear chassis members, rear wheel arch, floor sections, spring plate covers etc. Cost 4K and a HUGE job but end result is a totally solid bus with a brand new MOT and which will not have hidden horrors and will last for ages!
READY TO GO NOW!!!.
Bus is 10 miles south of Leicester (10 mins from J21)

OFFERS around £10500. Having seen loads of rubbish being offered at shows for much more than this check this bus out you will not be disappointed or end up with something where rust and rot has ben bodged over - this has been done properly. you can pm me (dont want to post contact info on open forum.) If you want a solid reliable camper with unique well designed interior then here it is ready to use!

This is breaking my heart.... but to see it sitting unused is such a waste. They had great times in it...so will new owner.
David Eccles
pics here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=966206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spoke to the bloke that owned this bus a few times, very sad to hear the news. Can say its an awesome bus for who ever buys it :)

Freddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts