• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

US Westy hook up plugs ++now in++

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I'm tied up at work this week, bear with me and I'll get the cost of the postage. I sent some to Germany and France last year and postage was about £18 from memory but that may have been just for the plug as its lighter.

ok just,
lucie may need one,i will let you know when it comes ;)

up the oilers :mrgreen:

Stormfeldt said:
Hi Just

I´m also interested in a 10m pre-wired cord #2, shipped to Denmark, if any more in stock.

Best Regards
Allan

Hi

10M lead posted Royal Mail standard to Denmark will cost £35.00

Just

Hi Just.

Did you get the shipping price for the two 10m cables?

kind regards
Allan

Sorry if I've missed this already reading through but...
I've checked over and re fitted the original hook up and twin socket to my '72 Westy and when I looked at what was left of the sticker it said "120V only and Do Not Use Higher Voltage"
So I'm guessing I can't use it on mains then?

The issues as I see them are two fold.

One : the current flowing will be different at 240 volts. This will equate to less Amps being used so no worries there. The Current carrying capacity of the cables in the hook up will not be affected.

Two: the voltage is higher and this may cause insulation resistance problems. However I would assume that even at 500V the unit will be safe. Get your friendly spark to test this for you. It will take Five minutes and will give you piece of mind.

Other than that I can't see a problem, just don't rely on the old voltage trip.... Get an RCD fitted as a matter of course.

who? said:
The issues as I see them are two fold.

One : the current flowing will be different at 240 volts. This will equate to less Amps being used so no worries there. The Current carrying capacity of the cables in the hook up will not be affected.

Two: the voltage is higher and this may cause insulation resistance problems. However I would assume that even at 500V the unit will be safe. Get your friendly spark to test this for you. It will take Five minutes and will give you piece of mind.

Other than that I can't see a problem, just don't rely on the old voltage trip.... Get an RCD fitted as a matter of course.

Great advise from a professional.

Latest posts