Vanfest, but no van !!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veedubt2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Weve just got back from a 700 mile round trip round cornwall & devon, camping and the bus performed as it should, with no probs :)

Over the past few days driving to and from work, we seem to have gained a new vibrating noise, yesterday it turned into a faint knocking, then into a loud banging :eek: , Have had a look under the bus, checked just about everything , fanbelt, pulleys, altenator, tinware etc, and got the answer I didnt want, Its either the shells, mains , the crank or all 3 :(

Were off to Vanfest this weekend, really looking forward to it, its our first time there :D , looks like our first Vanfest will be in the otherhalfs Peugeot 307 :msn4: ,yes we will look a set of Knobs with a drive away awning attached to a bloody car, never mind :D , we are not letting not have our bus with us spoil our weekend. :D

Hope you all have a good weekend if your going !
Regards
Daren

yes we will look a set of Knobs with a drive away awning attached to a bloody car,

join the club mate. ive been spending the last two years strapping my awning to the vw sharan family wagen and kipping in that :(

at least engine probs are a relatively quick fix. id swap that for a full resto any day.

Join the club (however we will be in a vw ;) ), we will be in a tent as ran out of time to get the bus registered as still need a couple of bits to complete it (hopefully get them over the weekend), we were going to take the awning too but decided on the tent in the end.

Could be worse, my first show since buying the Bay was in a Caravan. Ant still takes the piss now :lol:

Van or not we had a cracking weekend, roll on next year :D

Didnt feel such an ass, as there were a few non VW vehicles camped near us. :msn4: , so alls good !

But got to make sure the van is all together for the next one :D

glad you all had a good time :D
i remember my first vanfest, went in a fiat uno & tent :lol:

were abouts in dorset you at?

Latest posts