VEEWEE / GSF

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just on VeeWee looking at parts. I have bought a trigger shift from VW Heritage and wanted to compare prices. So trigger shift on VeeWee I think wAs £86. Now you can't use the discount code on VeeWee so need to cut and paste the part number onto GSF. Once that is done the trigger shift flies up to £125. Had bank45 discount code and it drops to £68.

Checked other parts and all inflate by at least 20% once transferred to GSF

Yep part of their 45% off is a total con

Veewees genuine stuff is ok, eg calipers but I've never buy anything rubber from them.

I still saved about £30 off a £100 veewee order by switching it onto gsf and using the discount code - the prices are higher to compensate but it still ends up cheaper.

Parts are crap
Service is crap
Waste of time and money

*Sam* said:
Parts are crap
Service is crap
Waste of time and money

Correct there mate.
I bought some rear light lenses, never even fitted them.
Shocking quality.

Indeed, recently had a push rod machine it's self down, I'm sure the metal floating around until reached the bottom did the cam etc the world of good. When I returned it they said "o well you have had over year, not our problem " absolute crooks the lot them !

Well I have to defend GSF... My local stores (yep, plural) are absolutely marvellous!

Can't fault their service.

As for part quality... They stock a lot of EMPI stuff. If that's what's waiting for me on collection then I get a refund without issue.

You're right. GSF, in many cases, have artificially inflated their prices so that they are "competitive" when the 45% discount is applied. This would be almost acceptable if the quality of the parts in question was comparable to some of the more "high-end"* parts suppliers, but the stuff you get from GSF & VeeWee is almost always absolute lowest common denominator.

*I know the likes of VWH,M7 etc sell some poor quality stuff too, but it's usually marked as such with a disclaimer.

I bought some tie rod, track rod ends,
Been fitted a few weeks not even driven it
Perished and cracked all around

Yep avoid GSF rubber at all costs, even their bearings and other parts can be complete crap.

Not worth the time and money buying from them I've already taken my custom elsewhere for good.

Latest posts