• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Very Nice 1973 Westy - Original and Rust Free - PENDING UK!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

I have for sale a very nice, clean original 1973 VW Westfalia camper. This is one of the nicest looking buses I've had. Has a few small issues, but I don't think this one will take much work and should be a quick project. I have an additional 133 photos so you can see the bus from every angle. I am asking $4800 obo for this bus. I am happy to assist with international shipping or deal with local buyers. I'll jump into the details with a link to more pictures at the end.

Comes complete with the full camper kit including: sink, ice box, closet, jump seat and rear bed each with storage underneath, louvered jalousie windows, folding table, fold-over cutting surface (above sink), folding table affixed to outside of ice box with spice rack, front mounted spare tire, pop-top, rear mosquito net, original mustard yellow upholstery, original linoleum flooring, etc.

The motor runs, but seems to have a misfire, and a low idle. I took it for a drive and it is a bit underpowered, but ran ok, not great, when you get up to speed. It also struggles to accelerate up hills. I'm really not sure what it needs, could be minor thing, could be a little more. But at least it runs. It is fitted with a single weber carb, which I know isn't the best. It does fire right up, and after warming it up it idles ok.

Body is great, as you can see, with 2 exceptions. The previous owner backed into something in the rear right corner and pushed the bumper into that corner. I think if you swap the bumper for a straight one it will look a lot better. Also, the exterior slider rail cover is a little bent, but it is a small removable part so not that big of a deal. Otherwise it is incredibly straight and the paint is original and excellent.

Rust, what rust? The ONLY spots I see, are a tiny amount under the front and rear windows, a little bit (very little) of surface rust on the floor, and a few pinholes in the battery box. Otherwise, this is the driest bus I have seen besides my personal bus.

Interior is in pretty good shape. Wired for speakers in the rear. Fitted with a VDO tachometer.

The wheels are from a newer VW, not sure which type. Look pretty nice I think. Plus, they have new (less than 5000 miles) tires.

I have checked out all of the electrical that I can on my own and it is working (with the exception of one rear turn signal bulb).

The only other problem I can think of is that the passenger side door is stuck, probably something in the linkage. Easy enough to fix, just pop off the panel and see what's wrong. Oh, and also, someone cut a hole to install a new fuel gauge sender. This does of course mean that there is a new fuel gauge sender which is a plus.

Take a good look through the photos and let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll like it. If you have any questions or want to check it out send me an email.

http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp332/volksinthevalley/73%20Westy/?start=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to put up a price or you will incure the wrath of the moderator. 1st post as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts