Vintage Speed Exhaust - Where to buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Dormobile

Reaction score
So have worked out this is the tenth year of ownership :shock: of our 71 Dormobile. I'd like to buy a vintage speed exhaust these seem to be well favoured recommended, no rush after getting a good deal. So do I buy from a show trader where's the best place to get a good deal.

I'd start by going direct to Dan: http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We sell them too:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/ssp-performance-exhausts/vintage-speed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We do 5% club discount for forum members.

10% off at a show ;)

Thanks both for the reply, will make contact.

Just out of interest if EB generally get a 5% discount of VW Heritage and all and sundry get 10% at shows, wouldn't it make sense to offer EB a 15% discount at shows :mrgreen:

I bought mine from VWH, BUT...... if you need the pre heat riser tubes for a standard type 1 engine with a single carb these will cost you an additional £50 or thereabouts from VWH (ask me how I know)
When I spoke to Dan about something else he told me he will just swap out the ones that come with the exhaust for these at no extra cost, saving you £50.

Its also worth asking what you need to fit it as IIRC it doesn't come with everything you need and what it doesn't come with is not s/steel.

Mags said:
I bought mine from VWH, BUT...... if you need the pre heat riser tubes for a standard type 1 engine with a single carb these will cost you an additional £50 or thereabouts from VWH (ask me how I know)
When I spoke to Dan about something else he told me he will just swap out the ones that come with the exhaust for these at no extra cost, saving you £50.

Its also worth asking what you need to fit it as IIRC it doesn't come with everything you need and what it doesn't come with is not s/steel.

Phew, thanks for letting me know!!

I got mine direct from Dan at VS.
Very helpful guy and very knowledgeable about exactly what set up you need for your bus - probably best to give him a call direct to sort your requirements.
I'm sure the number is on the VS website.
Cheers,
DON