Volksworld 2014 - line up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great weekend, but what happened sunday only 5 of us and an ice cream van?
hope we don't lose that space next year :?

the daddy said:
great weekend, but what happened sunday only 5 of us and an ice cream van?
hope we don't lose that space next year :?

Funny, I thought exactly the same - about the whole show, not just the Earlybay line up - but then I only went Sunday afternoon so didn't know if the lack of cars was due to people already having gone home.

Saturdays EB turnout was great! Sunday left me pretty speechless..
.not quite sure what happened there, wasnt Sundays line up meant to be bigger than Saturdays? lol

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Foz said:
.not quite sure what happened there, wasnt Sundays line up meant to be bigger than Saturdays? lol

How did you go Foz? Win anything?

Yes, we had a great line up on Saturday , and big thanks to everyone who took part.

I'm as guilty as anyone about Sunday .... it was the Mothers Day dilemma and Im sure it was the same for many others too. Id hoped to be there all weekend but had to bail out during the week as I realised I was a bit unpopular at home. ;)

Massive thanks to those that did show on Sunday, and to PeteB for stepping up as the point of contact on the day 8) , but theres not much we can do about it unfortunately . I certainly hope that we don't lose our spot .... Mothers Day 2015 is mid-March so there won't be a date clash, but Saturday is always much busier than Sunday anyway.

Thanks again to everyone that supported. :)

ill tell ya what happened the miserable bastards wouldnt let a load of vans( including 3 earlybay in as they had sewnt us to the wrong gate then forgotten to open the gate , after waiting an hour they decided we couldnt come in coz it was too late, hi vis at its very best, not going again, great cars and peeps though as usual.

Great Weekend...Great EB Line Up Saturday!

Camped with The Late Bay...They had same problems Sunday plus some additional issues with organisation leading up to the show....If i'd have known i'd have stepped in on the Sunday....Still hanging around late on the camping field on Sunday got its benefits...an upcoming spot in Reader's Rides in C&B for my Early Bay!

Look forward to next year!

aspro said:
Foz said:

No didnt win owt, but with the sheer quality of the vehicles there I never expected to. So much so I had a bet with a friend of mine, so im a few quid up :lol:

Great weekend tho!
Think id like to be outside next time with the rest of the Earlybay lot ;)
....especially with the weather we had!!

Foz said:
aspro said:
Foz said:

No didnt win owt, but with the sheer quality of the vehicles there I never expected to. So much so I had a bet with a friend of mine, so im a few quid up :lol:

Great weekend tho!
Think id like to be outside next time with the rest of the Earlybay lot ;)
....especially with the weather we had!!

Lovely looking van Foz! You must be well proud :mrgreen:

dazza1975 said:
Lovely looking van Foz! You must be well proud :mrgreen:

Glad you weren't disappointed dazza,
yeh I'm extremely proud and also honoured to have been invited to show inside at Volksworld this year, as I'm sure anyone would.
Olive would require a LOT more work tho, to get up to any kind of winning standard there. Maybe one day, who knows, but as my bus is used for whats it was built for, it would be hard to compete at THAT level certainly.

Most of the winners looked like their Dubs had never even seen tarmac before :lol:

It all basically got summed up for me when we took a tour of the show prior to its opening, where I saw 1 dude polishing in between EACH individual tyre tread :shock:
...I wished I'd taken a picture now, but I was too flabbergasted at the time. He was polishing when we left at 8pm friday, and was still polishing the next morning when we arrived back at 8am

Needless to say the dude won a trophy, and fair play to him for his efforts and dedication! his motor was amazingly clean and one of the best there in my opinion.

Was a definite eye opener and good fun (most of the time) to see a shows preperation from the other side of the bunting barrier :mrgreen:

Hi new here and on my way back home from this eyars volksworld show. I will trie to ship My 72 baywindow highroof over for next eyars show. Its not à show piece car but it will have à very low stance. How do i get to stand with it beside you guys? Will post pictures of it later as its far from finished today.
And by the way, i live in northern Sweden :)

Foz said:
Most of the winners looked like their Dubs had never even seen tarmac before :lol:

It all basically got summed up for me when we took a tour of the show prior to its opening, where I saw 1 dude polishing in between EACH individual tyre tread :shock:
...I wished I'd taken a picture now, but I was too flabbergasted at the time. He was polishing when we left at 8pm friday, and was still polishing the next morning when we arrived back at 8am

Needless to say the dude won a trophy, and fair play to him for his efforts and dedication! his motor was amazingly clean and one of the best there in my opinion.
I hope that wasn't me, but I do seem to remember wiping my tyres down!

And I'm guilty of the first statement too, as my bus was finished just in time for the show. It was built to be used though (stone chipped underneath etc.) so once it's MOT'd and registered you'll hopefully see it at a few more shows this year, and at the odd campsite too :D

graybum said:
Foz said:

And I'm guilty of the first statement too, as my bus was finished just in time for the show. It was built to be used though (stone chipped underneath etc.) so once it's MOT'd and registered you'll hopefully see it at a few more shows this year, and at the odd campsite too :D

Superb bus! Hope to see it out and about soon 8)

graybum said:

Dude I wiped my tyres down, that goes without saying.....im on about polishing between each individual tread line! :eek:

Latest posts