• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: 1971 Westy.. what you got?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuelrobert

Reaction score
Hello!
can you help? Im searching for a 1971 westy
reasonable budget of 8-10k would like to keep under

paint OG as possible
Interior complete / near complete as possible and OG
MOT ready is a bonus.
not looking for a big project.

Did you find anything?

I have a 71, but model year 72 crossover. Might not be what you want but worth letting you know.

Thanks

Andy

Not yet! but my search only started saturday because i got all the money i need together...

does it have the Type 1 engine andy? any pictures etc?

Hi there

As a bit of background I'm selling with a degree of reluctance because of some lifestyle changes. I'll not bore you with the details unless you want to know and then I'll PM you.

It has a reasonably new type 1 engine from Laurie Pettit which has probably done only 3,500 to 4,000 miles since new. I bought it restored but the engine was a bit dodgy so had to be replaced. The body work is good; anyone who has worked on it for me had commented that it is a good solid bus, but I would recommend that you get it checked out if you are interested. I'm happy for any inspection.

While I've had it I've added a Gene Berg locking shifter, solar panel on the rear roof rack, which runs an electric fridge, a propex heater, side step and it has a pro-tec cover.

The down side is that the driver's door has some bubbling in the paint at the bottom. It was a "new" "old" door from the states and so I don't think it is serious. Also below the driver's door on the wheel arch the paint has cracked and lifted slightly. There is no rust and I suspect that there was a problem when it was sprayed. I'm in two minds whether I should get the paint sorted and possibly get better price or sell as is so that any prospective buyer can see what they are getting.

There are some picture in the link below. There are from when it was new and so it has a few year's use on it now :(
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18809

If this looks like something you are interested in I'll get some pictures taken.

Thanks

Andy

Latest posts