• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: camper for £6500

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

People who put wanted ads up here seem to get a good response so thought I'd see whats out there. 3 years ago I had the funds to get a camper but no company would insure me so went for a beetle but sold that recently and now that I'm a bit older and hopefully wiser I'd like to try and get one again.

I'm looking for a completely solid camper with no welding needed. Has to be MOT'd, don't mind a few dents and flat paintwork I'd prefer an Early bay/crossover, can be a pop top or a tin top.

Also I'm really considering importing from America, I've sent a few emails to sellers on craigslist and the samba and I'm waiting on them to get back to me.

There's a guy called dubious on TLB who seems very helpful in importing buses, problem is the late bay has given me limited privilages so I can't message him. Does anyone know any of the admins on there who can give them a heads up? Just joined it a few days ago.

Thanks!
Shea.

Hello mate I'm on the latebay. Just go on there open up a new topic on general and title it something like FAO DUBious and leave him a message.

Just tried to past the but there's no option to make a new thread at the bottom right it says "You have insufficient privileges to post here". When I joined it said I had to wait for approval from admins but that was 2 days ago. I sent them an email hopefully I get a response. I left dubious a PM on here but don't think he comes on here much.

If you like you could pm me your mobile number and I'll pass it on to him.

Add busbums on facebook hes very helpful and imports, check ur insurance tho as some people find insuring a import difficult, i got a quote today at a extremly good price from volksword no problem at all good luck

What do you need to know, there's plenty of advice on here about importing if you do a search, no need to resort to using TLB.

Insuring an import is not a problem!!, I've had enough of them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Graham, I just wanted to chat to that guy because in his guide he said he'd be happy to help people out who wanted to import and said to contact him. Lee from sunshine imports was nice enough offer to help me out with delivery if I managed to find one. I'm going to start a thread up though in the general section here to ask a few things about it!

Graham gave me some advice when I imported mine, I'm sure he or someone else on here can answer all your questions.

Hi there
I'm selling an early bay 1970 for £6950 if you're still looking. I've just put an advert on here for it. I've got lots of pictures if you're interested. I'm open to offers, have a look, see if it fits your bill.
cheers
Sarah x

P.M. Me your email address and I'll send you the pics and details of my bus, its not been advertised yet as I still have a couple of small jobs to do. I was going to ask £7.5kish so it could be in your ball park.

Its a 71 tin top with 9 months left on the mot and tax, fresh nevada import with no rot etc so could be right up your street. Has a decent interior too so its good to use for the summer as it is :D

Rich

Latest posts