• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - early bay gearbox output flanges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_f

Reaction score
A mate has a 002 gearbox with wobbly drive flanges. We thought it was the diff bearings, but it turns out it is just the flanges (the splines on the diff are fine).

Has anyone got a pair? Or a knackered 002 gearbox cheap?

Cheers
Paul

gbox033.jpg

these what you are after?

They look like it - but they are not off the gearbox at the back are they? (that is a 091 which has larger splines I think)

Please could you measure the hole where the splines are to be sure.

HOw much would you want for them?

Cheers
Paul

paul_f said:
They look like it - but they are not off the gearbox at the back are they? (that is a 091 which has larger splines I think)

Please could you measure the hole where the splines are to be sure.

HOw much would you want for them?

Cheers
Paul
No they are off a CE box
£5 + post
cheers J.

paul_f said:
Sounds perfect then! Can you PM me payment details please!
I'll see what the post cost on monday and get back to you.
out of interest why is there play in them, is the spring washer missing?
if the splined shafts are worn let me know I'll sort out a good diff for you
cheers J.

Great thanks let me know.

The box was rebuilt a while ago, but it seems the flanges were able to move in and out causing wear. We can see the wear on the output flanges but the diff appears to be fine (seems a much harder material)

There wasn't a concave washer under the snap ring, and doesn't appear to be one behind. Is there supposed to be one either side? Looking at the parts diagrams it seems there should be something under the snap ring, and then something else behind the flange

paul_f said:
Great thanks let me know.

The box was rebuilt a while ago, but it seems the flanges were able to move in and out causing wear. We can see the wear on the output flanges but the diff appears to be fine (seems a much harder material)

There wasn't a concave washer under the snap ring, and doesn't appear to be one behind. Is there supposed to be one either side? Looking at the parts diagrams it seems there should be something under the snap ring, and then something else behind the flange
there should be some fairly thick washers behind the flanges (a spacer washers)
not to be confused with 091 boxes
I can send you some spacer washers if they are missing, but I don't want to sell you the flanges if they are not needed, call me if you want any help 07923413538
by the way the post is £5.15p for the flanges. cheers J.

The flanges are definately worn, we can see the teeth are misshaped. There is in and out play (probably due to the missing washers), and up and down play because of the wear.

Can I get the flanges and the washers? Maybe you could PM me payment details

Cheers
Paul

Latest posts