• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Early Bay Steering box

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydave

Reaction score
Hi there -

I'm after a good steering box for my 71. Must be good condition 'no play etc' or reconditioned - as my current one is knackered. I should be able to get one in Late Jan but I am seeing if there are any out there at the moment as mine is 'really badly knocking' and the bus is my daily and it's driving me mad!!!

Also if you have a knackered one that you are going to toss i would be interested as i could send it off for a rebuild and keep my bus on the road while i got that done!! It would be worth a few beers and a lot of thanks and you could always have my old one after i swapped it if you need it!!

Close to Kent would be a bonus as i live in Snodland, just outside Maidstone.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave
I'll be taking one off a 71 RHD bay next week - if the bloody rain ever stops! Don't know if it's OK yet - but the steering feels good so it should be fine. I go to Kent every month - used to live in Strood.
Brian

Thanks Brian,

Let me know if it's a good'un and we'll go from there! Hope the rain stops soon - also i may be after a few other bits if there's anything left from the bus!!

Also let me know if it's knackered as if all else fails i may need one to send off for rebuild as i don't want my bus off the road for the time it would take to get mine off and get it rebuilt!!

My email is: [email protected]

Cheers Dave

Latest posts