• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED - Early bay wraparound bumper with steps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickie524

Reaction score
Hi folks, well - the purchase is now official so I thought I'd start trying to track down the bits I'm going to need.

First and most obvious is a 1968 early front bumper complete with the wraparound steps please! We're willing to pay a sensible going rate, and I'm not fussed if it's "rusty-but-solid" as I will be having the rear, which is in poor condition, blasted and painted anyway, so they're going to need to match!.

I have also seena company offering fibreglass replacements (cheating I know...)
Does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad, at all?

I'm also short of the mounts for the front bumper and there seem to be several options available!

Thanks very much all. :D

PS - We're in Derbyshire, so fairly central to come and collect.

come see me at busfest I have a couple bumpers in my bus stuffed full of parts . plot 120 . That is not a hard part to find and I can locate anything else you need if I don't have it with me. Bye the way I am from texas usa and will have loads of stuff for sale.

Hi folks - quick 'bump' - never made it to Bus Fest so I'm still on the lookout for a decent wraparound front bumper, ideally with the mounting irons, for my 1968 early bay. Paint condition unimportant.

Has anyone had any experience of the fibreglass ones? Any good?

Thanks all, Rich

There is a pair of front and rear on eBay at present or you could try MJC Imports or Parts breakers.

Thanks Whistler - yep, we're in Derbyshire - Belper, to be precise, about half way between Derby and Matlock!

i have one the middle section is ok the steps are holed and rusty but solid so could be repaired 70.00 if you want it pick up only or you arrange courier pm your email and will send picks and it includes the irons

Ah - could be a plan to pick it up in that case as i will be down in Ware in earlyDecember so could maybe drop in to pick it up? Thanks matey, I can see a plan coming together!

Don't get a fibreglass one, sure it won't rust but it also won't do its job as a bumper, they're not just cosmetic and with zero crumple zones/airbags etc a good steel bumper is all you have...

S.

Good point actually, I suppose the purpose of a bumper has got overlooked a bit!!

Incidentally, how does everyone get these little cartoon/ line drawing busses in theior signature lines? Krim, yours looks identical to how mine would look!

EDIT - It's alright I've found it on Busselecta!!

Latest posts