• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - headlamp relay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Hi all.
Headamp relay been playing up.bought a replacement from a well known supplier....think its a generic one.it has the same 5 pins,same numbers on the pins as og one but works in a different way.will not work if wired up 'correctly' but works if I wire it up by trial & error...grrr even then,I can't get the Headlamp flash to work.

anyway,fed up of cheap repo crap (I say cheap but it was nearly £15 ) so......

Looking for an original relay no.311-941-583 B please.its a 5 pin unit as follows......

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/tunsull/Doris%20reference%20pics/?action=view&current=2012-07-10155907.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/tunsull/Doris%20reference%20pics/?action=view&current=2012-07-10155856.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone got one lurking in the garage? Or is there a alternative good quality I can use without cutting anything?

Cheers - Rob

Ps...tried the Samba but even though the relays over there have the same number....they're not the same, as there is no facility to flash the headlamps in US, so they are a pin less on US relay :-(

Let me have a rummage in my garage tomorrow. I think I have an NOS one from a 411 that will do exactly what you require.

Leave it with me till the morrow I'm sure I've one of these on a old loom
Ill look first thing

I have the very same one available.
Came in a job lot of stuff (mainly NOS) that I got from an old VW dealer, so Im not 100% certain of its provenance.
713755.jpg

713754.jpg

713756.jpg

Latest posts