• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Original refurbed starter motor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crammy69

Reaction score
My newish aftermarket one has that issue where it very often doesnt do anything so Ive been told that getting a refurbished original is the best bet, anyone know anywhere that does them?

cheers
Simon

I have been doing these ever since I started in the business, genuine Bosch completely rebuilt, like you, I learned a long time ago that what is on offer is not of good quality.
The only problem I have come across is the cost to the customer when you compare the price of the others.
I take it you have not got a starter to exchange then.

Ron

[email protected]

Ron said:
I have been doing these ever since I started in the business, genuine Bosch completely rebuilt, like you, I learned a long time ago that what is on offer is not of good quality.
The only problem I have come across is the cost to the customer when you compare the price of the others.
I take it you have not got a starter to exchange then.

Ron

[email protected]
Thats right I only have an aftermarket one on the van Im afraid

Not wanting to piss on anyone's chips, but have you actually tested the motor? most often, the fault lies with the wiring to the motor or the ignition switch rather than the motor itself.

next time it doesn't do anything, knock it out of gear and get underneath- bridge the points detailed here-

starter4.gif

(courtesy of speedy jim)

if the starter motor starts working, most likely it's fine.

Latest posts