• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED Rapido folding caravan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valentine Won

Reaction score
Hi
As the above says if anyone is thinking of selling there rapido confort or record and is not too far from Bristol then please give me a pm or leave a post
cheers shaun

Sold mine last year to the local valeter, I can ask him if he's after selling it if you like ?
W're a bit far from Bristol tho !!!

Thanks for the reply :D
yes it is a bit far so up to you mate don`t want to waste your time finding out

cheers shaun

Bwuttonmoon said:
These are the new next hot thing...mark my words. Prices will soar lol

said that in 1995. :shock: must of been way head of the game. :lol:

Shaun when you get to look at one make sure the main roof seal where the panels overlap is intact as water can pour in from here, & when you get one always carry plenty of packing as they don't go up to well on unlevel ground.
Oh don't get too physical in there as they can pop open :shock: Just talking from 7 seasons of ownership.

Thanks Brett :D
I am a married man i don`t think i would be doing any thing physical in the van apart from getting out of bed :lol:

Oh don't get too physical in there as they can pop open :shock: Just talking from 7 seasons of ownership.[/quote]
:party0003: :party0003: :wanker: :cooter: :whip: :bliss: :party0046: :party0049: :work4sex: ??????

New on ebay. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rapido-export-folding-caravan-trailer-tent-/271159492273?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3f225d7eb1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valentine Won said:
Not sure i want to go as big as an export :?:
what is the weight on these Wig :?:
He's not ignoring you is he Shaun. :(
I'll try & help the Confort weighs in at 495KG unladen the Recordmatic comes in at 670kg can't find any spec for the Export as these were rare in the UK.
You must remember anything over 750KG unladen has to be braked. although they all tow pretty well even with my 1980 Confort you knew you had it on the back going up or down hills we had it fully loaded & this was with a 2L Mondeo 136BHP.
:shock: So not keen doing it with 50bhp & drum brakes. :lol:
Always made me laugh as alot of these folding caravan manufactures claimed a 1000cc vehicle was capable of towing them, maybe in Holland me thinks. :?

terrier man said:
Valentine Won said:
I'll try & help the Confort weighs in at 495KG unladen the Recordmatic comes in at 670kg can't find any spec for the Export as these were rare in the UK.
You must remember anything over 750KG unladen has to be braked. although they all tow pretty well even with my 1980 Confort you knew you had it on the back going up or down hills we had it fully loaded & this was with a 2L Mondeo 136BHP.
Always made me laugh as alot of these folding caravan manufactures claimed a 1000cc vehicle was capable of towing them, maybe in Holland me thinks. :?

My confort has brakes.

Bwuttonmoon said:
terrier man said:
Valentine Won said:

My confort has brakes.
I think they all have parking brakes & dampers well my 1980 confort did, you try & move them on your own on a uneven incline with soft ground without them. :shock:
I'm talking hydraulic braking system that works with your Buses brakes only really for big caravans ect so not really applicable here, for over 1000kg's laden, most of the new regs didn't come in until the 1990's long after these Rapido's were manufactured.
http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/trailers/brakes.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sparkywig said:
Brett, the Conforts have a braking system. You have to release the mechanism before reversing.

Yeah I know Si the lever thingy by the damping bellows, don't think mine worked proper it would disengage once I applied the brakes.
What I meant is the brakes are cable operated not hydraulic. :oops: :)
This link might be of some help, didn't have any of this in my day.

http://rapidoconfort.webs.com/servicing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts