• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED... Thread Rolling Machine ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted.. A thread rolling machine specifically able to roll threads for no 8, 9, 10, spokes for motorcycle wheels. Any other type of rolling machine considered.
My Neighbour and very good friend that helps me with little engineering feats of genius (they are to me) has a thread rolling machine but it`s on it`s last legs. He makes spokes with it to make wheels for old cars and motorcycles which is a very large part of his business. He should have retired several decades ago :lol: but keeps going. It would be more than a shame if he packs it in because he can`t get this machine that he needs. There aren`t that many people capable of doing this stuff and I`d hate to see this craft stop. I watch him making things up there for hours sometimes and love the fact that it`s a bit like watching Rolf Harris where he starts off with a blank canvas (lump of metal) and then something materialises from it. If anyone can help that would be superb. I know it`s a long shot but I know a lot of you dudes have your fingers in lots of pies and someone may hear of one. If you`d P.M. me or ring me on 07723 069 937 with any leads on one, even if it`s a machinery auction or barn sale or whatever. Great that you`ve read this and thanks for your time, ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

http://www.ortthreadrolling.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.mtspares.com/info/Thread-rolling.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Maybe they can help? :)

Cheers you ,,,loose screw :lol: I like that I`ll use that a lot :lol: I`ll get on there and have a look now, thanks a bunch, the big issue is getting a small enough machine, I was up there this morning and I did say it was about the size of a microwave but it`s not even half that size :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,Ta mate, :mrgreen:

Latest posts