• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED - Westy wardrobe door trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popcorn balls

Reaction score
Need the plastic trim around the long wardrobe door (the trim around the door itself, not the 'T' trim in the aperture). Must be perfect - no chips or cracks. Dropped mine today and chipped it in 2 places :roll:

Or does anywhere repro this?

popcorn balls said:
crewcab said:
i have a spare door, will take a look how good it is :D

Thanks, fingers crossed :D only the trim matters, doesn't matter what condition the wood is in.

remember that the trim may be very brittle and probably has shrunk - very hard to remove without cracking it somewhere. I found some eventually from a German van - had been kept inside for most of its life. Fortunately the door was in good nick so I didn't have to remove the trim.

BJ1 said:
remember that the trim may be very brittle and probably has shrunk - very hard to remove without cracking it somewhere...

Thanks for the warning, but i quite easily removed it from a spare rock n roll bed door earlier today. If all else fails i may try to use this section to piece together the other one. It would mean having 2 joins instead of one though, so not ideal. Also not sure if i'd be able to get it to take on the curve of the wardrobe door top, perhaps immersed in boiling water for a while may soften it up enough? I would prefer just to find a good replacement though......

Shut up muppet!!!! it was mostly knackered anyway - just half of it was ok.

I might have it away with the hinges tomorrow :lol: :lol:

i have a couple of so67r doors that have the trim on...don`t know condition. Before i clamber into the roof like a proper monkey are so67`s and your compatible?

Yep should be Scott. This is the door in question....

35k01vm.jpg

Dude,

If you stick the trim in v.hot water it will soften and can then be reshaped. I just used part of a wardrobe door trim for the rear cupboard and it bends really well when it's warmed up and sets again when its cool.

The reason I say this is that it may widen your search options ;)

Got a complete unit with good door.

pics and details here;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=869776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's that one out of? different shape to the earlybay ones, so i guess it's from a splitty. The door is slightly flat on the top and bottom where-as mine is round.

dude you`ll need to remind me :!: :!: :roll: my number is 07778995430....towing a doka to oxford tomorrow so no joy then,..call sunday arvo
scotto

Latest posts