Washer switch mod - have I broken it...?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amoledigginginahole

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just added an electric windscreen washer pump to the van, and used the guide at http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to retrofit the switch to the old pressure-based switch.

Now I'm done I've realised that the switch for the wipers (i.e. the 'twist' action, rather than the 'push' for the washer) seems to have lost some functionality - the 1st speed setting does nothing, I have to turn it two clicks to get the wipers moving. Also when I turn the wipers off, they dont return to the 'down' position, I have to time when I turn the switch off.

Guessing the mod has broken the switch functionality somehow, but interested to know if anyone else has had similar issues... maybe I've just reinstalled the switch with the wires wrong (although I did label them).

Cheers for your help in advance!

did mine with no problems following the guide. I'd check the wiring again, or maybe you got some of the plastic swarf from drilling into the switch part?

Latest posts