water water everywhere

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwyn1971

Reaction score
Hi, Ive searched in here and other forums regarding water running down into the battery tray, been pzing down non stop down here and the air intakes letting in huge amounts of water. kind of catch 22 as too dark when i finish work to check it out and leave for work when its dark as well, coupled with the Inaccessible nature of the area thats letting the water in. Im i to belive that great German engineering would be let down by something a simple as this or am i missing some sort of blanking/drainage plate from my mostly ( pre me :D ) bodged van? 72 crossover

There should be a drain hole in the tray to let water though, if its not too late then make sure its painted and/or waxed to hold back the rust. Its probably the weakest point on any van ... even the best dry imports often need a new tray.

There was a VW accessory consisting of a pair of plastic vent blanks that clipped into place, they were really designed for winter use.

Kempy I think has a pair.

DSCF0139.jpg

But yeah the drain hole tends to block up with dirt so clear it out and waxoil

Thanks everyone, tray is strangely intact, just the terminals getting a good drenching will have a poke about on Sunday, kind of like the black vent covers but with the black bra and roof cover I've made it will be "bring out the gimp :msn4: " every time we go for a drive thanks for the advice j

Latest posts