Waxoyling Problem!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really useful info - thanks to everyone who has posted.

I have a 71 Westy which came from Italy last summer. I have two questions:

1. How can I tell if I alreadu have waxoil on?
2. Im going to have some resto work done in the spring, taking the body back to bare metal - is this the time to waxoil too? Is there any other type of protection I should be considering at this time too? Im yet to choose someone to do the work for me, so any recomendations would be great - im in Bristol and would like to work with someone close enough to visit regulayr during the work.

Thanks

Kev

what does the underside look like now, any sign of underseal or is it still factory paint/primer or surface rust?

i would wait till you've done the bodywork and then Ankor wax it straight after before it gets damp again.

Another good tip for you all, if your bus has been shultz type undersealed in the past it's a great idea to waxoil over it, this type of underseal goes hard and eventually starts to crack, chip, peal etc, a good coat of waxoil will soak into it and make it go nice and soft again so stones etc bounce off rather than cracking or chipping it. it also makes it more water resistant. even if the underseal has just been applied i'd still put waxoil over it as it just improves the protection

Latest posts