Wee White Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The road to nowhere. Big exciting day, oil leaks all fixed and engine put back together, interior finished and looking smart, auto fire extinguisher installed and solenoid all in. Finally drive it off across the Fens only to find that I can't drive over 30 mph, something isn't right. Suspect that there is dodgy fuel in the tank but the save my bug oil sensor is going crazy. Back to the garage, stranded and it's a very steep taxi fare home....another day.

Wey Hey, that change in mileage means I finally got home. The original accuspark failed after short use, they aren't well made and could become loose inside which I'm sure many people have discovered over the years. Fitted a 123 which turned out to be fried also, so went back to another accuspark just for speed. The new Accuspark 'stealth' :msn4: had a bent rotor arm, so nabbed the rotor arm off the faulty one. So working like a dream now and engine ticks over well. Past the airbase and the oil light comes on :cry: Suspected that the save my bug oil sensor was overreacting so whipped it out and no problems home. Few jobs still, but we can use it...happy man!

Took a trip out to Grafham Water. Cambridge is a bit landlocked, so this is probably the closest water body. Was going to do the 10 mile cycle around the reservoir, but couldn't be that far from my bay ( you understand don't you? ;) )

So glad I didn't lower it, found a short cut back to the van!

So TMI send their THIRD driver's seat cover. They got all the measurements , but you would never get it wrong for the third time would you? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Look at this bunch of amateurs.

tmi-emplyees-waving.jpg

Sneaked in a trip to Cliff House Camp Site near Dunwich on the Suffolk coast. If you saw this site's website you'd run a mile, but it's a great site if you want to camp in woodland, with a beach on it and a bar full of Adnam's ale! A few splitscreens drove in, and a few other newer campers along with plenty driving past on the A12. Tried out the child bunk from Rackhams for the first time. Super tight fit, but really strong and comfortable. Had to take a screwdriver to the brackets to dismantle the bed.

Picturesque drive to the MOT, passed with flying colours. Reassuring to know that the MOT man was impressed. :)

Treated the van to a couple of upgrades, acceleration was always a bit sluggish, fitted Butty's Bit throttle kit and it has really tightened up the pedal, I love it.

Also thought the soundproofing could be improved, so bought some mass loaded vinyl, 10mm closed cell foam and made a new cab matt layer. then put another layer on the back shelf. Much warmer on the feet now and quieter.

New VDO fuel sender in, cleaned the petrol tank out and found a 30 year old petrol cap inside. Replaced the manky fuel filler hose which got missed the last time, so relieved a bio-fuel safe filler hose is now in. Filled the tank up with petrol or so I thought, but I think my fuel gauge is still reading wrong.

Latest posts