Westfalia S062

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Just found this site after 5 yrs of early bay ownership, though it may be a short membership as I'm probably going have to sell my van (too many vehicles, family, house renovation, aargh, it's going to break my heart).

Anyway, I always wanted to find out a bit more about my van and wondered if anyone can help.

It's a Westfalia SO62 (similar to the one in this month's Camper & Commercial). I've never seen another in the UK before and wondered if anyone can shed any light on numbers produced, anyone else got one etc? Mine's totally original, small turret pop-top, no fridge, totally unmolested. Bought it when our split was being restored, and it's the best van I've ever had. Displayed it on JK's stand at Vanfest 2007 (40 yrs of bays).

Any info greatly appreciated.

Mick

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss288/Mangosfolks/Bay/DSCN0552.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

try again!
DSCN0557.jpg

That´s a very nice one! And it has to be very early. I also have a SO62. The Colour is lotoswhite. Anybody interested in seeing pics? Is there another SO 62 out there?

kris1978 said:
That´s a very nice one! And it has to be very early. I also have a SO62. The Colour is lotoswhite. Anybody interested in seeing pics? Is there another SO 62 out there?

Pics Please (you tease!).

Mick & Tracey said:
Just found this site after 5 yrs of early bay ownership, though it may be a short membership as I'm probably going have to sell my van (too many vehicles, family, house renovation, aargh, it's going to break my heart).

Welcome and a great van 8) Couldn't you sell a kidney or liver instead :?:

It wasn´t that easy to get the pics inside. But I finally made it :)

So here the bus on our recent trip to Denmark. The tent is the original Westfalia one from 1968.

Bus_tent.jpg