Westfalia / Westy Continental Roof Double Bed 68 to 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha thanks jon don't make me blush. oh don't forget the mince pies ha. you had the vision i just assisted a great product that functions better than the original.

Rusty Lee said:
ha thanks jon don't make me blush. oh don't forget the mince pies ha. you had the vision i just assisted a great product that functions better than the original.

Mmmmm! Mince Pies :p I love crimbo.

Had another play today:
77304056.jpg

b3fa58c2.jpg

Plenty of room. I even got up there and we both fitted easily, as long as you are no taller than 5'8" with size 9 feet. I suppose you could go diagonally.
My son loved it, even if the cloth clashes with his hair :mrgreen:
beff03f5.jpg

Can I just congratulate the both of You on a superb product ,That lets be honest is competively priced and can only Help our '' Scene '' . Personally knowing how hard it is to devolop new/reproduction products that actual fit and getting suppliers to deliver when they say they will, is it at times a hell of a battle.

I will look forward to seeing this in your bus Faux and to those who want a new Westy bed , Get in quick Im sure they will sell very fast :D

Gadget :mrgreen:

I am now officially taking orders. :lol:

There will be a 2 week turn around on the beds. I am happy to upholster in a fabric of your choice for no extra charge but this will need to be sent to me in advance.

Due to the size, shape and weight of a bed I would prefer you to either come and collect in person or collect at a show. (Happy to discuss other options if you need).

Give me a call if you want to ask any questions or place an order.

Thanks Jon

07801 627195

faux said:
I am looking forward to showing people in the flesh.

Poor choice of words when selling beds .... ;)

Seriously, top job. Good on the both of you. :mrgreen:

Nice work Jon, glad to see you cracked it!

One point, ive had my Conti bed in for a year or so, i didnt fit the front hinges as i didnt want to drill the roof (that may change now), but i see no need to take the handle off the roof to fit the bed, there isnt an issue with the roof closing with hande and bed in place.

Good luck with the project, looks great 8)

Just

creationblue said:
Nice work Jon, glad to see you cracked it!

One point, ive had my Conti bed in for a year or so, i didnt fit the front hinges as i didnt want to drill the roof (that may change now), but i see no need to take the handle off the roof to fit the bed, there isnt an issue with the roof closing with hande and bed in place.

Good luck with the project, looks great 8)

Just

Hi Just, Thanks for the info.

I didn't like drilling the holes, I tested it on Lee's bus first :lol: sorry Lee, however it stops he bed from sliding forwards and off the headboard rest....especially when you have a wriggler (crazy 5 year old) :roll: It also performs better when the roof is up and the bed is in the roof.

I agree the handle can be left in place with no real issues but it can leave a heavy dent in the foam so I wanted to give people the option. The continentals didn't have a handle at all.

I have taken my handle out now and it sits a bit better.

Jon

fantastic to see this improved version Jon......would you consider a bits only option ie without ply and coverings [ as per another bed provider]
but with measurements for the ply of course?

It would mean those of us that are not going to any shows soon can get this delivered and be tinkering over the winter?

pm if you fancy keeping it off this thread

We have also decided to produce a kit without the ply, foam and fabric for those DIY'ers and for a few people across the pond who have asked. 8)

I'll post some pictures of the kit when the weather is a little bit warmer, but here are some details in the mean time:

Kit will include:
Pronged Tee nuts, bolts, washers and screws
Hinges (front and head board)
Bed Main brackets and edging trim strips
C clips
Head board rest bar and fixings
Plastic grab strip
Rubber stops
Clips for head board
Plan with all measurements

Cost £125 plus delivery.

Let me know if i have forgotten anything Lee :roll: :lol:

Yes please, well I did ask! Via pm....what's the anticipated delivery...put me down for one kit please. I'm not in a mad rush

Let me know...

Cheers

faux said:
We have also decided to produce a kit without the ply, foam and fabric for those DIY'ers and for a few people across the pond who have asked. 8)

I'll post some pictures of the kit when the weather is a little bit warmer, but here are some details in the mean time:

Kit will include:
Pronged Tee nuts, bolts, washers and screws
Hinges (front and head board)
Bed Main brackets and edging trim strips
C clips
Head board rest bar and fixings
Plastic grab strip
Rubber stops
Clips for head board
Plan with all measurements

Cost £125 plus delivery.

Let me know if i have forgotten anything Lee :roll: :lol:

Sounds good to me Jon. Basically, people are getting absolutely everything; all nuts bolts, screws and so on. All they need is wood, foam and some covering of their choice. Great little project for the winter months.

Lee.....

Rusty Lee said:
Sounds good to me Jon. Basically, people are getting absolutely everything; all nuts bolts, screws and so on. All they need is wood, foam and some covering of their choice. Great little project for the winter months.

Lee.....

i trust Jons measurements and cutting etc better than mine, worth the extra cost for a finished one for me :lol:

slammedresto said:
Rusty Lee said:

Lee.....

i trust Jons measurements and cutting etc better than mine, worth the extra cost for a finished one for me :lol:

Cheers Gary,

Believe me, there are a lot of hours put into making just one of these. Luckily Lee and I can split the hours between us, with his fabricating skills and my........fitting....... skills :lol: we have a product that is IMO excellent value for money and in keeping with the way Westfalia did it.

I hope to have some pictures of the kit and of a bed with customers choice of fabric.

Wow. That looks like an amazing resto.
Keep us updated with the resto, I love a White Westy.

One in the same bed. Should be with Mark soon.
I can't keep my son off mine so I'm sure your daughter will love it.
Jon

Many thanks about the comments on our bus. The picture below is the last we saw of our bus before Mark started work on it :shock: Mark contacted us about your beds and said they were better than the ones he used to use so we have gone for it :D

440cba01.jpg

Latest posts