Westfalia / Westy Continental Roof Double Bed 68 to 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 2 done for a vw hire company in Dorset.

6713c884.jpg

Certainly keeping me busy.

they look brilliant - and really make the most out of having a westy

jammac said:
Looks great! What shows wiill you be going to this year?

I will be at Dubfreeze, Volksworld and Bustypes. My wife is due in May so I'm not sure what I will be getting to after that.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions etc

r73 said:
they look brilliant - and really make the most out of having a westy

Thanks buddy, they are definitely more useful than the pull out roof bunk :lol:

Jon

John from Dorset Dubbers came to pick up 2 beds for his Campervan Hire Company

http://www.dorsetdubbers.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A really nice guy, who is obviously in the business for all the right reasons. If you know anyone wanting to hire a camper I would be happy to recommend his company.

A 5 star recommendation from my 4 year old, Thanks to Jon for fitting my bed saturday at Volksworld. Quality is fantastic, and i would def buy another when needed. Lost count the number of people who looked/commented on it at the show

Hi All

Due to my wife being due in the next week I have stopped production for the next few months.

I have kits available for £112.50 for Earlybay users and 1 x 73/74 bed left.

I also have an original if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone.

Jon

Top work fella- beds look great!
Good luck to you and the wife and the newbaby dubber ;)

not the best photo - but as a slight twist we did it in 15mm moisture resistant [green] MDF....worked a treat.

and we've had my 2 kids and me up there and it wasn't bowing that much ;) the kids have been playing up there today as we bought them new sleeping bags....

IMAG0561.jpg

faux said:
Hi All

Due to my wife being due in the next week I have stopped production for the next few months.

I have kits available for £112.50 for Earlybay users and 1 x 73/74 bed left.

I also have an original if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone.

Jon

That is simply not on! I was just about to text and order two off you. Swine.

Can I just add, I received a bed from Jon last week and fitted it today (actually to a '73 westy I have sold). The bed was **INCREDIBLE** quality far better than expected and fitting was a doddle. Everything about it looks and works like factory, VERY IMPRESSED.

Good luck with the new arrival Jon

Thank you all for your comments, I'm glad people are happy with them.

Me and Lee will be continuing with these. I just hate letting people down, so thought it would be best to stop for a couple of months to be there to help out with the new arrival.

I'll keep you all posted.

Jon

I have been doing a bit of work whilst waiting for the new arrival:

Beds are now rated to 12.5 stone/80kg as per the originals.

New price is £255 for fully upholstered bed in Mustard corduroy.
+ £20 if you want brown or cream vinyl
+ £65 if you want mustard vinyl

£125 for the kit on it's own as they were before.

Due to time and material costs I will need payment before I start making beds, but I may even start again in a few weeks.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Jon 07801 627195

TakeLifeEasy said:
What were the weight limits on the older type?

First batch

65 kg /10 stone

New ones

80kg / 12.5 stone

I have one from the first batch and it works great, I just found a better supplier for the ply and it has less flex.

So is it just the ply that limits the weights on the old ones or have you changed anything else on the new ones. Just wondering if I can chance sleeping up on my old one (I am 12st)?

TakeLifeEasy said:
So is it just the ply that limits the weights on the old ones or have you changed anything else on the new ones. Just wondering if I can chance sleeping up on my old one (I am 12st)?

Yes, just the ply. All other bits are the same. However, as with any product, I am always happy to listen to what people say and make changes as I go along. The problem is changes often increase the cost.

I have rated them to air on the side of caution, but I am about the same weight as you and am happy to use it. Worse case would be to make a removable brase bar that would fit across the sunroof. You could then have no flex and it would be rated to the weight the roof could take.

These were always designed for children, so that if people weren't happy with single bunk they would feel safer with the double. Also for those mad enough to have 3 they wouldn't have to use an awning.

Feel free to call me with any questions I haven't answered.

Jon 07801 627195

we dont have a roof bed in our 72 westy but are interested in having one, excuse my ignorance but how does this work :?:

I dont understand how you get up in the roof and then fold the head rest bit up :?:

Am I just being stuupid ... probably

Baz

Latest posts