Westfalia / Westy Continental Roof Double Bed 68 to 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good solid base for mark to work on, sweet. 8)

These beds work as the originals with a few tweaks to fit an early bay properly. I didn't want to change the design too much as Westfalia seem to get it right. :mrgreen:

I'm a real enthusiast, and wanted something right for my bus.

Jon

Looks a great product, well done. I didnt realise that they were so sort after.

I have an orignal one in my garage, what are they worth anyone know?

Fred

Anyone looking for a roof bed, i can confirm Jons efforts really are that good. Having a bed in the roof is great if you have 2 or 3 or more kids, they are a fantastic addition to your Westy, and Jons workmanship really is top-notch!

Just

Hello Faux and Rusty Lee

Cool that you have started this production of conti beds, i was planning of something homebrewn..but this will be much more correct

I'm interested in buying the kit (without the ply, foam and fabric)
would love to buy the full package, but as i live in Denmark.. i think i'ts better to have the DIY version..

I'll guess i see it here or one of you guys pm/mail me with any notes, if i should pay something up front or so?

Cheers
Ronnie

kleinbusRonnie said:
Hello Faux and Rusty Lee

Cool that you have started this production of conti beds, i was planning of something homebrewn..but this will be much more correct

I'm interested in buying the kit (without the ply, foam and fabric)
would love to buy the full package, but as i live in Denmark.. i think i'ts better to have the DIY version..

I'll guess i see it here or one of you guys pm/mail me with any notes, if i should pay something up front or so?

Cheers
Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie

I will get you a price on postage and get back to you.

Cheers

Jon

Kits now added as an option for those who want to do it themselves or save on postage:

IMG_0241.jpg

£125 plus postage

Great work and attention to detail. I just hope people step up and buy them to make your efforts worthwhile. I will be having one in the new year from you for a US spec 73 westy.

68only said:
Great work and attention to detail. I just hope people step up and buy them to make your efforts worthwhile. I will be having one in the new year from you for a US spec 73 westy.

Cheers Fella

I have only made one so far for a 73/74 but you are more than welcome to it. Give me a shout in the new year.

Jon

jon fitted mine today works really well and looks fantastic.cheers mate

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0355.jpg

Photo0345.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

If anyone wants one of these for Dubfreeze let me know and I will bring it with me.

If you want to come and have a look at one in action I will have my bus in the Show and Shine area! Come and say hello.

Jon

Can this bed and the roof structure of a bay take the weight of an adult sleeping up on the top beds? Just wondered what the weight limits are?

I have put a 65kg (10 stone) estimated weight limit on these but the beds have taken me and my sons weight at 16 stone (105kg).
These are designed for kids, (5' 7" maximum length) but I would be happy to sleep up there myself. Definately not for 2 adults.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss any questions.

Jon 07801 627195

Latest posts