Westy Bed Hinge Fixing - Photo Request Please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-Rackham

Reaction score
Could someone post some really clear photo's of the westy bed brackets and how and where they fix to the body and wheel arch please? I've trawled through numerous posts on here, thesamba and google and can't find any clear photos. What I'm after, is seeing clearly, from as close up and as many angles as possible, how and where the hinges fix to please.

Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Nick

From memory mate they have to 2 captive bolts on the wheel arch. Will have a look in mine and put some pictures up.

Full width or 3/4 as they have slightly different mountings

Hi nick
I've got a westy in the unit at the moment that I can take pics of the mountings but it's not likely to be before Tuesday.

The beds out but I can take pics of the bed and the mounting points if it's any help?.

It's fairly straightforward, the mount by the side of the van uses the seatbelt mount on the arch, and there are 2 smaller bolts that come through the wheel arch and then there's a strap that goes over the top of the engine bay and has 2 bolts in it. The one in the middle of the van has 2 bolt fixings over the top of the engine bay again.

Hi graham, cheers for the info. Would appreciate photos when you can.

Problem I have is I've slotted split tubs into my 69 bay which don't have the seatbelt mount holes, and also are a slightly different profile, I.e. Flat across the top of the uppermost profile side to side rather than sloping down towards the outer skin. My westy bed is buried deep inside the shed, right at the back and I'm not strong enough yet to drag it out to see if I'm going to have any problems later on?! Wardrobe side should be ok but it's the arch fixings I'm concerned about!

Make sense?

Cheers, Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Sorry for the delay but here you go, hope they make sense.

Wardrobe side, 2 bolt holes that take the bracket

Van side, one bolt hole that takes bracket

Wheelarch, 2 small holes that fasten to a bracket inside the westy bed frame

Hope these help?, if not let me know what other pictures you need.

Graham L said:
Nick

Sorry for the delay but here you go, hope they make sense.

Hope these help?, if not let me know what other pictures you need.

Cheers Graham, making sense now :) I think I'll be OK with rear tub not being standard. Many thanks, Nick

sparkywig said:
I fitted my hinges where they touched, Nick.
M8 crush nuts in the engine compartment panel, and I drilled the hinge out to fix it to the arches with M10 bolts and spreader washers.

Cheers Si, May have a small mod to make where it bolts to the tub but I think It'll all fit OK :) Many thanks, Nick

To be honest Nick, Ive seen the hinges attached without using the wheelarch mount and as long as the bed base is bolted to the floor as it should be then I think you'll be OK, even if you have to mod it slightly.

Graham L said:
To be honest Nick, Ive seen the hinges attached without using the wheelarch mount and as long as the bed base is bolted to the floor as it should be then I think you'll be OK, even if you have to mod it slightly.

That's good news :) many thanks, Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts