• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy louvre window seal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
any body know where i can get the seals for the INSIDE of the louvre window. i have replaced all of the others which came in a kit. i've never seen the ones for inside (the ones that cover the fitting screws). any help/ideas would be much appreciated
thanks
Chris

Wonder if this set includes the seal your missing?

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=231069413

Hi Chris, Have an early one myself Nov 67 Westfalia, I have a pair for mine so I know what you are after.
I don't think any one does the part you are after, you will have to search Samba and hope as it is a one year only thing I think.
If you need to see what they are like then I am at Slough if you are, could bring one with me.

Ron

can confirm the above qoute they a re a 68 only item about one inch in width and usually a dark grey in colour .

Do you mean these seals
DSCF0463.jpg

Mines a 69 by the way and im sure they came on all louved windows as standard on all models. I dont think VW would have left that area uncovered.

thanks for all the replies and help guys. have been working long shifts so have only just had chance to have a look.
yes they are the ones Clyde, I agree with you. they should have made them a standard fitment. the workshop manuals (bentley and haynes both mention removing them before them removing the louvre windows.
-tipi-the kits don't include the inner seal, unfortunately, but thanks for the link.
not going to be able to make Slough, Rocket, but thanks for the offer.
will try Scofields and the Samba when i get chance. if i find any i will post it on here in case anybody else wants some

once again thanks for the replies

Im sure you will find they were standard fit.....................most have gone missing over the years and ive never seen any for sale. Someone got some in a cheap box of bits at Vanfest a couple of years ago didnt they Clem?

Sorry chaps but the seals were only fitted on early buses, maybe just USA ones but later did not have them.
Any how I have been on the case and found a guy breaking a van on samba and he say's he has two sets, tryng to negotiate a price, he seems to know there value, will be in touch if anything comes of it Chris.

Ron. (Rocket)

There you go Chris, result!
Evam is ok to deal with, I bought parts from him this year, you can trust him.
Go for it................................

Ron

Latest posts