• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Westy table (was Sink flip top)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierrox

Reaction score
A friend asked me to find him a sink top for his 1970 Westy (Formica with thin grey lines), if anyone has this in not too new condition to match the van?

I got it completely wrong. It's the flip table he needs, not the sink table.
And yes with all the bits, hinges and leg.

His van has been at the bodyshop for 2 years and he finally got it back but they lost the table in the process.

I be
I got it completely wrong. It's the flip table he needs, not the sink table.
And yes with all the bits, hinges and leg.

His van has been at the bodyshop for 2 years and he finally got it back but they lost the table in the process.
Pretty sure I have a table , not sure about the leg

That flip table…is a big pain in the keister.

One side of the hinges is glued into a slot in the plywood. It probably should have screws too, but you have to remove the laminate in order to install screws. The laminate objects to being removed.

This was not a problem for 50 years or so, but that was before my fat dog jumped up on the opened table in order to “rescue” a burrito. My attempt at a repair was clearly amateurish.

NLAVW sells all the parts, by the way.
NLAVW link to table

Last edited:
That flip table…is a big pain in the keister.

One side of the hinges is glued into a slot in the plywood. It probably should have screws too, but you have to remove the laminate in order to install screws. The laminate objects to being removed.

This was not a problem for 50 years or so, but that was before my fat dog jumped up on the opened table in order to “rescue” a burrito. My attempt at a repair was clearly amateurish.

NLAVW sells all the parts, by the way.
NLAVW link to table
Laminate comes off fairly easily if you heat it with a heat gun or use a cloth and an iron. Pry gently with a broad blade while you're heating it.

I'm pretty sure NLAVW sell new reproduction ones if you can't find an original one.

I think they do. I got the spice rack flip table from them.
My friends Westy is quite rough so a new table would look out of place! 😂

Latest posts