• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

westy tow bar - Wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
I'm after a westy tow bar for my '70. I've PM'd Gadget, just waiting a response.
cheers
Rob

Let me know if you hear anything Rob, as I haven't yet ;)
Cheers
Al

anyone had any luck tracking down a tow bar?? If i cant get a westy one I was considering the Bluebird one - anyone got any views on these?? :)

r73 said:
anyone had any luck tracking down a tow bar?? If i cant get a westy one I was considering the Bluebird one - anyone got any views on these?? :)

Hi Rob,
No luck myself yet either. JK have one as well...
http://www.justkampers.com/search2?location=shop&method=match_all&keywords=J16653
Not sure how it compares to the Bluebird one and have no idea how good either are...if someone out there has either let us know ;)
Here's hoping!
Cheers
Al

will need one soon as have summat that needs towing now!! :msn4:

Bundy said:
r73 said:

Hi Rob,
http://www.justkampers.com/search2?location=shop&method=match_all&keywords=J16653
Not sure how it compares to the Bluebird one and have no idea how good either are...if someone out there has either let us know ;)
Here's hoping!
Cheers
Al

What you got to tow mate??
I've got a certain Chateau ;)

Personally I have a lot more faith in Bluebird than JK - but I havnt actually seen either fitted
I like the Bluebird 4 bike carrier that fits to the towbar as well

r73 said:
Bundy said:
r73 said:

Hi Rob,
Here's hoping!
Cheers
Al

What you got to tow mate??
I've got a certain Chateau ;)

Personally I have a lot more faith in Bluebird than JK - but I havnt actually seen either fitted
I like the Bluebird 4 bike carrier that fits to the towbar as well

would that be the 'creche' Chateau then?!
I may have aquired a new renovation project in the shape of a Rapido :lol:

The bike carriers look good, but think they are cheaper direct from Pendle... ;)
http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/shopping/towbar-racks.php

Nice one!! Does it need much work(pictures would be nice! ;) )
Yeah I've taken over the crèche!
Ta for the heads up from pendle. :D

Bit of a re-fit inside and one wall, but I think it's gonna turn into a full on resto!
Will start a build thread when I get going on it (or I'm allowed to! :msn4: )

Bundy said:
Bit of a re-fit inside and one wall, but I think it's gonna turn into a full on resto!
Will start a build thread when I get going on it (or I'm allowed to! :msn4: )

Haha - understand!!
:D

Hi,

I had a towbar for my 1970 westy which came from Watling Towbars which I think is very similar to the JK one, very solid construction which bolts to the chasis rails, the thing I didn't like was the way its fits is the piece that fits to the rear valence. You remove the 4 bolts on the rear valence and there is a piece of angle iron that bolts across the full length of the valence, which is then visible above the bumber.
I am also after a Gadget one, but alas no response from PM's and e-mails, I wait in hope!!

P1040677_zpse585c3c8.jpg

P1040676_zpsf5152976.jpg

Dave

I was wondering where all the bits went...not really ideal.
Fingers crossed Dean does some more.
Cheers
Al

Sorry guys....looks like I've managed to sort one out so no longer need one.
Good luck in getting one sorted
Cheers
Al

Latest posts