Westy window choice - what do you think?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

62 deluxe

Reaction score
Restoring my 70 westy and would like your views on the rear quarter light window. Mine was rusted out and the metal below it also rusted. I got a better, but by no means perfect replacement, but I was thinking, if it is a rust trap, should I just put in a solid window? What do you think?

Cheers

Jon

go for louvered windows if you can get some, got them in my 68 and their excellent. lets a great breeze through the bus.

Thanks, but I've got jalousie (louvered) windows in the middle/sliding door already, this is the nearside rear side window.

Thanks, but I've got jalousie (louvered) windows in the middle/sliding door already, this is the nearside rear side window.

Mine has (and always has had) solid windows in the rear. No rust when they were taken out and I've never felt like I'm missing out

I find the one on mine useful to get some cool air on my son during the hot days..... As you can imagine it doesn't see much use ha ha

Louvered windows on both sides on my westy, very nice they are too, get a nice breeze blowing through 8)

I've got louvered windows in the middle windows and solid windows in the rears of mine. That's how it came, I believe :?: (going to have to check the old literature now to see if I'm right).

Latest posts