westy windows

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynster

Reaction score
i have a pair of westy windows to fit to the bus so my q is how are they fixed to the bus? is it a case of a few self tappers ? if so how many and where to put em......pics would help out no end

cheers peeps :mrgreen:

steve

Yap self tappers drilled through the window aperture lip into the parrallel aluminium frame. Six or seven top and bottom and three up the side. Can post pics tomorrow!

Steve, I just put mine back in and it's not that easy, I wouldn't have liked to try n drill the holes as well as forcing it in. Obviously it's possible but not easy mate, tho perhaps if its warmer the rubbers will be softer which will make life easier

Just a tip fella..

Don't drill the window aperture in your bus with the window in situ.. you'll knacker the window frame where your screws have to go..

This is how I did it..

Mark out 5 locations top and bottom, 2 on each side, drill a 4mm hole with a good edge distance.

Then put the window in and, using short 4mm self tapping screws, fix the window in place. The screws go into the channel that has sawteeth in it.... make sure your screws are not too long as they won't clamp up nice and tight..

I've got very old seals on mine at the moment, so it took me approx 30 mins to fit both sides.. I'm looking forward to the fun and games described by others when my new seals arrive!

Latest posts