What are you fitting next?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loxy

Reaction score
I've got these in the shed waiting to be fitted:
Dellorto 36 DRLAs, need to get correct venturis/jets first though.
IMG_2605.jpg

Then this, a turbo thomas masterpiece
turbomufflernonmerged1.jpg

Then this (if it fits when the carbs are fitted)
IMG_0598.jpg

By the time I get round to doing the carbs and exhaust the eberspacher wont be needed til next winter..........

I've 'placed' those chrome curvy things above the windows on the front doors which stop rain coming in when slightly open - but still need to do the screws.

I'm quite keen on one of those aluminium steps as well - Volksworld next spring I reckon.

Cool, JK have just brought out a much cheaper side step, dont know what the quality is like though. I thought about fitting a step, I currently have one under the sliding door -a black mesh thing thats bolted onto the chassis, not sure if it is an original dormobile fitment? but it doesnt look that nice.

Will have to remove the cruise control 8) as well before fitting twin carbs & heater. Not sure if I can get it to work with the drlas, might try fitting it up by the pedals and attach it to the cable there.
2001_0125_023327AA.jpg

cruise control looks interesting? is it simply a lock out device or is it speed sensitive.

My next addition is power steering :D

next is a complete resto probably. The van has original belly pans, so plane to take them off in Feb and have a look :roll:
Then replace any rotten parts, new sliding door and full respray

clutch ..... accelerator cable ........ new cabinet to replace the big wardrobe - absolute nightmare for driving LHD - very difficult to get on to motorways, pull out of parking spaces etc. Fortunately it's getting done on the cheap (free) - construction industry is great for freebies!!!!!

I havent actually ever dared use the cruise control yet, but when it was connected up it used vacuum off the carb - same takeoff as the dizzy, so I assume that it was capable of sensing engine load? But not sure how it would be capable of sensing the actual speed, it has a lever that allows you to increase speed on the steering column and disengage.
It was connected to the carb via a bike gear cable so would effectively take over from the accelerator cable.
Its one of a number of interesting add-ons that the original owner fitted, it also has a manual choke conversion.
Matt.

Just did a search for the cruise control and found this:
http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumphmuseum.asp?article=econocruise.xml
according to the blurb it can maintain a constant road speed, I will have to have another look at it and see what its connected to.

Doing a general engine bay tidy up this winter. Engine has to come out because I want to find a slight petrol leak that has developed, so have bought another fuel tank just in case. Also have a new rear bumper to fit, and some new rear lights with beauty rings.

have got a full set of handles and barrel one key fits all to fit, an ally side step and some ally fingerplate guards on the front handles be done about march time knowing me :?

oh and get my beam narrowed 8)

8Ballbug did you buy the handles with one key fits all (C&C?) or did you rebuild the barrels yourself? I need to rebuild mine, have you got any old barrels going spare?

thedoc i guess you have a 1600 engine? Is the fuel leaking from behind the panel that covers the tank then? Isnt there a breather hose that has a rubber connection back there somewhere? I had fuel spilling into the battery tray on my old 78 Devon because the fuel hose that connects the breather pipes behind the spare wheel well had cracked.
I am going to take mine out soon as well to tidy up the tinware and give it a good degreasing, will also allow easier trial fitting of the carbs.

Latest posts