What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to replacing the pesky little spring in the NS door lock that has prevented the door from being opened with the key since I have had the bus, getting on for two and a half years.

I followed Ron Van Ness's instructions on http://www.type2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and he was spot on, even in identifying when to get the misses to lend an extra hand or two.

It's a bugger of a job but marital harmony has been restored as now the misses can open her own door herself...bliss. :lol:

Kev

Delilahtoo said:
Finally got around to replacing the pesky little spring in the NS door lock that has prevented the door from being opened with the key since I have had the bus, getting on for two and a half years.

I followed Ron Van Ness's instructions on http://www.type2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and he was spot on, even in identifying when to get the misses to lend an extra hand or two.

It's a bugger of a job but marital harmony has been restored as now the misses can open her own door herself...bliss. :lol:

Kev

I tried this on Friday using the instructions, used 2 springs & came up with a few new swear words! Any additional tips? :D

BenSSP said:
Delilahtoo said:

Kev

I tried this on Friday using the instructions, used 2 springs & came up with a few new swear words! Any additional tips? :D

Only additional tip came from the misses, which was to tie cotton thread to the spring, and attach the other end of the spring to the fixed part of the lock. Pull the thread to stretch the spring over the movable part of the lock, using a small crochet hook to flick the spring on. Women eh, what do they know? :roll:

The other thing I did yesterday was to fit an additional fire extinguisher to the front of the NS bulkhead, adjacent to the passenger seat, 'just in case' having read the latest fire report.

K

Finally got to use the bus for what it was built for!

DSCF0079_zps42c75318.jpg

DSCF0086_zps433e4c52.jpg

Really nice campsite in the Brecons, and only 300 yards from a pub! Nice!

DSCF2833_zpsb46a3db3.jpg

Fitted my new serpentine belt and pulley kit today, was a lot more fiddly than I expected... Pleased with the outcome though :)
yvederav.jpg

Took my van to Justdubz (no pics, sorry) to get a couple of niggly little bits sorted.
Not that exciting but it was nice to give it a blast down the A1.. :D

finally got the correct rear bumper fitted to my Danbury, new cv joints & topped up the gearbox oil. shifter linkage bushings next.

Joined EARLYBAY.com as a newbie - just got a 69 Kombi Tin Top part restored (to a very high standard) - was a Devon pop top but replaced as part of resto.
Just completed a 1961 BMW Isetta 300 (another Air Cooled Car) to show standard with my mate. We are both gonna restore the Bay .........can't wait to get stuck in! :D

Latest posts