What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done last week roof purchased on Ebay thanks to the kind seller :)

Put my new (old) 99p Devon roof cap on no more leaks hopefully although it bloody heavy to lift & new springs are need can't complain for less than a Quid, also got some strengthening brackets made up to push the roof into shape as shown riveted in whilst pushing the roof up seems to have worked as there is less sag in the middle but not perfect.

Before Aluminium roof taped to seal with blobs of sealent were roof supports had come loose these are aluminium spot welded?
vwroof_zpsfe3073a8.jpg

After
vwroofnew_zps9c971ed4.jpg

L shape bracket
IMAG0272_zps23b832f5.jpg

Triangle bracket
IMAG0270_zps4d7841f8.jpg

Both pop riveted in place not finish yet as I am not sure if I want to keep the roof cap it not bonded but I had to tapped the aluminium roof to the fibreglass roof as holes already existed in sides of fibreglass.

Just stripped, cleaned and rebuilt one of my DRLA's after the idle jet kept blocking. Tons of crap in there and only rebuilt 2 years ago,3 hours - 1 carb done :roll:
I was pushing to get the MOT this week.. :x

my shocks were........shocking..SORRY :msn4:
No gas or oil in them at all :shock:

runs sweet now, my lads not so keen thou........i liked it bouncy dad :mrgreen:

Willamina has been at the garage for 3weeks having panels repaired/replaced and being lowered, I decided to go in and start removing the windows so that the new seals can be fitted on Mon/Tue, wasn't good what we found:

On the plus side it gave me an excuse to take the dash out for a refurb!!!!

DeeDee is having her MOT .... right now!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

Got a feeling she'll fail though, needs an exhaust ;) x

Collected Willamina from the garage today, a lot of work done including lowering her an inch at the back and about 4" at the front.

Dec 2009:

Today:

Finished installing complete new brake system other than backing plates, drums, master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir. Discovered an NOS master cylinder in the boxes of parts that came with the bus. Glad I didn't need it yet.

Fixed my heavy steering with a good cleaning, new bushing, new seal and oil as well as a final brake adjustment to get them all good as new ... 1968 new. Today was a good day :D

Camping at Delamere Forest nr Chester c/w some cycling. First time out with the Fiamma bike rack.
null_zps7d510c87.jpg

Managed to refit suspension arms to the front axle today and give the axle a couple of coats of satin black.

Tried to fit some replacement US spec lenses on my bus.
Not impressed with the quality, so have decided to send them back and try and source some US spec og lenses.

finished of the welding around the beam area fitted new beam all painted new ball joints centre pin oh and its adjusterball thanks to karlos set it midway looks nice must get a pair of horse shoes ??? :lol: 8)

Latest posts