What does everyone do?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porter/Security at Chester Uni. Been there 20 years and deal with all things student life has to bring.

Deva Dubs and Rods and VW Action Elf, help with the set up and brake down of the shows :D

I'm a foreman cable percussion driller for a company called Fugro. Basically I operate a drilling rig and drill boreholes for projects like crossrail, Thames tideway, Olympic stadium , the shard etc etc we take soil samples and carry out various tests at depths of up to 70m. And install various monitoring equipment to monitor any movement in the ground after tunneling machines have passed. Not a bad job but I'm currently working in Deptford drilling through contaminated ground and having to wear full face masks and full paper suits (we look like minions!) which isn't very nice at all!!

andys said:
Porter/Security at Chester Uni. Been there 20 years and deal with all things student life has to bring.

Deva Dubs and Rods and VW Action Elf, help with the set up and brake down of the shows :D
thats my dream job!

i shouldnt have to explain why should i?

IT consultant working for myself.

I am a technical design authority on prepay, real time billing and MVNOS (hosted mobile phone networks - think asda mobile and mobile by sainsburys. Fully branded but all done on the vodafone network) currently working for the goverment designing and implimenting a method to charge foriegn vehicles to use the UK roads and also how to detect them coming and going from the UK so we can target non paying vehicels.

Left school saying I didn't want to work in an office or work with computers... Hey ho worked in the IT industry for the last 24 years or so. Pays the bills I guess.

J.

Marriedblonde said:
currently working for the goverment designing and implimenting a method to charge foriegn vehicles to use the UK roads and also how to detect them coming and going from the UK so we can target non paying vehicels.
Is it bad that I think that sounds like an awesome system to work on? What a great technical challenge! It's a bit like the congestion charge zone but on a bigger scale.

I love data :msn4:

24 years in the scuba diving trade :shock: bugger is it that long, but started out as a plumber then moved into heavy installations, steam plant and garage forecourt tanks etc. now less hands on in the diving i work for a company that wholesales dive gear, snowsports and general watersports.

Always inerested in all things mechanical so I joined the Royal Navy as an electrical engineer. Did apprenticeship & 10yrs.
Left to become service engineer for robots & automated systems. That lead me on to my current job looking after the maintenance dept in a small aerospace manufacturing plant - 27 yrs ago :!: Very useful bits of kit around which sometimes come in handy :msn4:

Latest posts