What does your floor look like!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Selbsters

Reaction score
Hi guys, techinically this shouldnt be in the gallery section but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post a pic of their interior and floor? We need to be inspired!
Really not sure whether to go for Vinyl floor tiles or carpet? Anyone got any pics that will sway me?
:lol:

bus110.jpg

This may not give too much inspiration but it is what my floor looks like today :mrgreen: there is some carpet under there.
DSCF0393.jpg

NickJ said:
This may not give too much inspiration but it is what my floor looks like today :mrgreen: there is some carpet under there.
DSCF0393.jpg
He he he! Thanks Nick this made me chuckle. Our van also has stuff in it. So carpet a good move then? Thought it would be kind of more cosy on the toesys when I jump of the rock and roll bed and head out for those late night loo times! :oops:

Thanks so much guys for your pics. Still not sure! What a flaffer eh! Anyone got any ideas what there would have been on an original floor interior in a devon '69.
:lol: So grateful for everyones help. My husband has given me the title of 'project manager' for Wilfreds, ou vans, transformation and I'm finding it hard to make the finals decissions after all its a womans perogative to change her mind 20 times isnt it?

Keep the pics coming. I'll ask someone who has a clue about computers, yep my husband :roll: , to show me how to put some pics on here to show you the final choice!

Here is my westy's floor and the vinyl I laid down in my Brothers:

46.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

I had tiles in my Devon which were white and blue, which matched the interior.

Painted up ready to rec new ply
HPIM0922.jpg

the black and white look :D , handy if you have kids when it's raining as the can play draught's :lol: :lol:

HPIM0926.jpg

I went for bathroom laminate in mine as it's a lot easier to keep clean than carpet, especially on those rainy days.:

DSCN3224.jpg

DSCN3228.jpg

Saraj said:
I went for bathroom laminate in mine as it's a lot easier to keep clean than carpet, especially on those rainy days.:

DSCN3224.jpg

DSCN3228.jpg

I really like that 8) obviously being bathroom laminate, is it totally waterproof?

Try madmatz.co.uk.... if you want to go the vinyltile route, good range of colours nice people and the tiles are smaller than standard so look better in terms of dimensions/perspective...

The Selbsters said:
Thanks so much guys for your pics. Still not sure! What a flaffer eh! Anyone got any ideas what there would have been on an original floor interior in a devon '69.
:lol: So grateful for everyones help. My husband has given me the title of 'project manager' for Wilfreds, ou vans, transformation and I'm finding it hard to make the finals decissions after all its a womans perogative to change her mind 20 times isnt it?

Keep the pics coming. I'll ask someone who has a clue about computers, yep my husband :roll: , to show me how to put some pics on here to show you the final choice!

I "think" the one i ripped out of my project may of been original but you never know........... it was floor tiles in similar blues to the neptune blue paint. Mine started off as a devon torvette :)

Beedubs said:
I "think" the one i ripped out of my project may of been original but you never know........... it was floor tiles in similar blues to the neptune blue paint. Mine started off as a devon torvette :)

Beedubs, Our van is a 69 Neptune blue Caravette! :lol: Our you doing your interior on your project van? Going to go original? We decided to, costing us a fortune though but enjoying the challenge of sourcing stuff! Just need a devon table! :(

Am feeling very inspired now after looking at the floors on here and in other photos of peeps vans in the gallery. Think we will go the madmatz route as if beedubs is right, may be kind of like the original. Now its just the challenge of choosing the colours! Do the decission ever end! :roll: :lol:

mine is a 69 too :) i'm not keeping it original though. i'm going for a very simple interior as i intend to race it eventually too. sorry :lol:
if it helps, the tiles were a plasticy type material, more rigid than vinyl though and thin. they were very similar in blue to the neptune and had a slight like a marbling effect but more in a like lines going across here and there. Should of taken a pic before tipping it :roll:

Johnny said:
I really like that 8) obviously being bathroom laminate, is it totally waterproof?

I'm not sure if it's totally waterproof but I figured it'd last a lot better than non the bathroom stuff.

I put the same stuff in my old van and 2 years on when I sold it it was still looking like new.

It's so much easier to sweep or wipe clean than the carpet I had before and a small rug on top solves the cold floor in the morning problem

i went for laminate too,lasted a year so far and was super cheep,bnq have end of lines think i payed 3.50 as it was the only one left shouild have been 20 od quid

not the best pic to show but i allready had it on photobucket

rearofvan003.jpg

Wow strongy I love your interior. Those seats look fab. :lol: I think we will be a bit more adventurous in our next bus!

Latest posts