What happened to the website?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlybayinthevillage

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1972 XO
Now i know what it's like when i ban my kids from Facebook as a punishment! I had three days without my fix of EB.Com and it was painful!!

Apparently i've been a right mardy b**tard :lol:

The kids have been told of for the slightest thing :evil: especially with the crap weather yesterday :cry:

Good work in getting it back up and running!!!

We had a security issue and the Hosting Company had to shut the server down to patch it as a precaution. Some Polish hacker was trying to hack the website. Just by coincidence I was making a backup over the weekend. This should have taken 30 mins but the activities of the hacker made the backup last more than 60 hours.

Its sorted now but we still have to rebuild the server at some stage, this will take place over the weekend once the host has ironed out the issue.

thats as simply put as i can make it. sorry for the down time but it was unavoidable.

68_early_bay said:
He wasn't trying to sell kitchens too was he :msn4:

:lol:

that crowd are from Bradford and are of Pakistani origin. Already sent their IP to BT abuse, hopefully that should stop them.

:party0009: :party0009: :party0009: :party0009: :party0053: :party0053: :party0053: :party0009: :party0009: :party0009:

Johnny said:
68_early_bay said:
He wasn't trying to sell kitchens too was he :msn4:

:lol:

that crowd are from Bradford and are of Pakistani origin. Already sent their IP to BT abuse, hopefully that should stop them.

They wouldn't be so annoying if they posted lots of pics, a sort of build thread of the kitchens being fitted :lol: :oops:

Bad news is there is a further upgrade to the server to be carried out over a weekend. The whole site down was a testing phase that some hacker decided to exploit.

So, bad news is we will be down for several hours, no more than 24 over a weekend. i will probably choose a big show date weekend as alot of the members will be to pissed to notice. Apologies in advance but the issues have been ironed out now.

myvanway 69 said:
I had 'Cold Turkey'!!
Shakes.....cold sweat 'n' all sorts!!

Me too. The methadone fix, a.k.a the temporary use of TLB, got me through until my 'regular supplier' was back on line. :msn4:

It was good of TLB guys to help out, but I just can't relax the same when I am in somebody elses home. :D

Latest posts