What have you put on the floor area of your early?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo1972

Reaction score
Hi all

Having recently progressed from a bug to a 70 westy pop top cali import I am wondering what everyone does for flooring in the rear area.

I have all the westy interior but am in the process of reveneering all the items as the desert sun has got the better of the original veneer. I am doing away with the wardrobe and making a lower level version from mdf to finish just below the side windows hence improving allround vision. This will be veneered to match the other units.

I have now turned my attention to the rear area. It came with a piece of painted 3/4" ply on the floor and being new to this game was wondering what everyone does with the floor area.

Do you just fit a padded base and carpet/lino on the top of that or is a wood base the way to go, then fit a thin padded base like underlay and then carpet or lino.

Be interested to see what the norm is, if there is a norm :)

Ply then soundproofing then lino on ours.
Was going to have carpet but decided it would be a pain in the a** to keep clean

I have 6mm base ply covered with 9mm top covered with industrial lino.
ae32e6cb97522302d23fe7ec83385d4d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Closed cell insulation, then 9mm ply with 6mm glued onto that to stagger the joints in the wood, then topped off with mad mats, but if I was to do the tiles again I would go karndean it's top notch stuff 8)

march_2044.jpg

shaun2012010.jpg

shaun2012012.jpg

shaun2012013.jpg

shaun2012014.jpg

shaun2012016.jpg

shaun2012018.jpg

april2012008.jpg

:mrgreen:

Excellent thread! Can you tell me where the thermo 8 is sold and also did buy the 2 separate thicknesses of ply, cut down in different places then put in and glue together? Do they act like a floaing floor or are they fixed in? thanks! :D

Cab89 said:
Excellent thread! Can you tell me where the thermo 8 is sold and also did buy the 2 separate thicknesses of ply, cut down in different places then put in and glue together? Do they act like a floaing floor or are they fixed in? thanks! :D

The thermo 8 matting I got from madmatz, I did use two thicknesses of ply 6 and 9 mm, I staggered the joints and glued them together in place, there is only two screws holding it down near the sliding door to keep it nice and neat there then the rock and roll bed holds the rest down
:mrgreen:

Just been on to the madmatz site and there it is! Just need to get the ply and hey presto it's project interior underway!, well,after the tubs that is!

Latest posts