what size rear tyres on brms mines dont fit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwaddict

Reaction score
hi all bought a set of brms second hand for my 1970 deluxe .i physically removed them from a splittie so i know they were fitted but cant get rears under my arches 2 are running 195/65/15 and 2 are 195/50/15 and neither fit both rub on the lip of the arch and thats at standard height so what size fits from what i remember the splitties arches were un modified and dont want to mod mine heeeelp

I'd go with Faux on this.

I run 185/65s on mine and get very slight rubbing occassionally, so 175/65s should see you clear.

yeah i was thinking 185s may still rub ive put the 195s x 65 on the front as they clear okay .i think i have a couple of 175s in the garage so may go with that cant for the life of me see how they didnt rub on the split

Ive got 185s on the back of mine on BRMs. They didnt fit when the bus was standard height, but they fit now its abit lower.
(camber in)

I have 195x70's on the back of mine :shock:

Good offset on Flat 4 wheels ;)

Perhaps the splitty had been straight-axled? Wouldn't that narrow the track slightly - and thus allow the wheels to tuck in easier? :?:

think I've got 195/50/15s om my BRMs/lowered danbury, but the PO did all the work - miniscule gap at rear but no probs - assume it's the camber

ianscooby said:
had same problem 175 is all I could get under there (MWS wheels) as the off set (?) is not good

be down to the offset,do you know what offset they are

if its lowered the camber give you a few extra mm to play with

Latest posts