What were they thinking?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspro

Reaction score
:shock: I'm not usually one to pick shit at peoples builds but this is just absolutely horrendous. Shame on them. :lol: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Custom-Bay-72-Bus-with-full-Porsche-conversion-/231302927301?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35daba93c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's tried selling it before At that price and failed its a very quick bus but he should have stop once he'd converted the engine :oops:

lobie said:
He's tried selling it before At that price and failed its a very quick bus but he should have stop once he'd converted the engine :oops:

Maybe he had to upgrade the engine just to get it to move with all of the extra bits hanging off it.

I guess it's a Marmite bus, problem is, I feckin hate Marmite .........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not a lot to say really apart from NO

Like others, I saw this at Busfest for sale. To be fair, the quality of the restoration appears to be high - spent some money and time on it.

I had a scoot around, and reckon the garish stuff on van will come off pretty easily. If you are happy with the colour and price, it's a fast well built bus! Trouble is, you'd have to spend over another grand to turn some stuff back to normal.

Engine is a work of art though.....

My engine tuner sent me a link to this about a month ago...

It was parked a couple down from me in the show and shine at busfest back in 2012 and really attracted some comments! I questioned then how would the owner sell it when it was so "customised"

With the same engine as mine, I do wonder how much mine is worth. It begs the question whether if someone offered me silly money for mine whether I would sell it, lol. Especially as its in storage while I'm out of the country

For the record, I've always said no :)

p.s. anyone know if it sold?

lovely engine and mechanicals! lools like a nice build, just a bit too personalisd on the bodywork for me!

watch out though, he's after a 50's barn door next :shock: - is a nice bus looking past the add on accessories, a nice bus that looks like it's been magnetized and kicked through a recycling centre :D

Haveacamper said:
My engine tuner sent me a link to this about a month ago...

It was parked a couple down from me in the show and shine at busfest back in 2012 and really attracted some comments! I questioned then how would the owner sell it when it was so "customised"

With the same engine as mine, I do wonder how much mine is worth. It begs the question whether if someone offered me silly money for mine whether I would sell it, lol. Especially as its in storage while I'm out of the country

For the record, I've always said no :)

p.s. anyone know if it sold?

Don't think it did pal.

It's a cracking bus under all the shiny stuff, but it's gonna take some work to put it back to normal on the looks side - but not impossible.

Lucky to get the front bumper past the MOT!! Thought it might have been classed as a dangerous protruding item! Ha Ha.

Latest posts