What will this do to bay prices if this happens?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyvanwestybike

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
79 sunroof deluxe
:msn4: It does have an electrolux fridge!
25.jpg

oooh, i might ask 35k for my bay when its all shiney if this one goes. i have an old 1950's elecrolux fridge badge i can stick on a cool box to help cement the deal (stuck on my locker at work, with all the other shit)

I'm not surprised. Anything these days with a fridge and cooker is passed off as "a motorhome" and demands a super wacko price for some reason. I've seen Transit "motorhomes" going for almost 20K. :shock:

yeah dude( he actually is not) round the corner from me selling a t 25 for 20k, been sat a while too, barmy. and yep got fridge and hook up :lol:

we got no fridge so are going to weigh ours in and hope for the best. :lol:

if it is A1 then i don't see why not have it at up at that price, T25s have been creeping up for a while, so have bay prices, some of those have been near the 20K mark already (ask the split boys what they think of that), so why not see other models go up?

domino effect, splits expensive, everyone buys bays, bays expensive, everyone buys T25s.

No Im not that easy to follow at times i am sorry, :)
If this t25 is as you say in A1 condition then mabee i would not question the price
however it is not, my daughter bought a t25 bluestar for 4k 2 years ago in in much better nick and struggled to sell it when she had enough of it a year later(she will be gutted if she finds out she could now get 12k+) :lol:
all i was asking was ,if this is what price people are expecting to get these days then
how would this affect the prices of bays
and adjusting the value i have mine insured for
Domino affect as you say

One of the lads in my local club has an agreed value of 15K on his T25 Devon, just come out of a full resto though.

:)

A very well know restoration project on this site was offered £25K after it had had a full body respray. The bus must now be worth £35? I have a nice 71 bus on my drive and you would not beleive the people who have asked me either directly or via the subtext of the conversation how much I paid for it.

I always found this sort of question difficult to answer, but now I give one of two responses "I paid a good/fair price for it" or "I'd rather not say". Asking how much a person paid for a bus must be the equivallent of asking a woman what size cup she is, or her favourite dildo! :lol:

LV

Any Good van, and i mean a good van NOT a dealer POS will always make strong money . Unfortunatly now that the majority of ALL car dealers have clocked that any old camper is worth money , your going to find all sorts of pieces of shit up for fantasy prices .
Have you seen the early bay classifieds on here and some of the ridiculous prices being asked for stripped out Baywindows that are just rolling shells :shock: :shock: :shock:
Unfortunatly some dealers/people are still asking Crazy prices for mediocre vans, Instead of asking Fair prices for fair vans ........... :evil:

I know T25's are not as sought after as early buses in the UK , but here in the states any camper T25 is priced very high , when I was looking for one as my wife's daily driver , a decent one would have cost me around $15K dollars , just take a look on the samba and you can see they are not cheap.
I believe they are underpriced in the UK still and will only get more expensive.
And yes I do own one now :oops: , I will try to get another earlybay to remain cool tought 8) :lol:

Gadget Boy said:
Any Good van, and i mean a good van NOT a dealer POS will always make strong money . Unfortunatly now that the majority of ALL car dealers have clocked that any old camper is worth money , your going to find all sorts of pieces of shit up for fantasy prices .
Have you seen the early bay classifieds on here and some of the ridiculous prices being asked for stripped out Baywindows that are just rolling shells :shock: :shock: :shock:
Unfortunatly some dealers/people are still asking Crazy prices for mediocre vans, Instead of asking Fair prices for fair vans ........... :evil:

Totally with you on this Dean

The 'unique' totally safe buses you prepare are a perfect example of this, but it is the cost of the 'mediocre' that is worrying, never has buyer beware been so true :evil:

i sold my bus with 12 month MOT for half what his asking for :?

there's plenty about too
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-T3-T25-Westfalia-Atlantic-1-6TD-/230649812928?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item35b3ccd7c0#ht_1267wt_937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

people must be buying them, so they must be worth it ?

i have to now build a eb on the budget of what i sold my last for, with no skill, time or spare money. should be fun :D

At the end of the day a bus or any vehicle is only ever worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, if someone wants to spend £11K on a T25 then thats up to them.

T25 prices have been gradually climbing in a similar way that earlybay, then late bay prices started to climb a few years ago, its all about supply and demand, whether they would get their money back when they go to sell it on is something else!

ib-bus said:
I know T25's are not as sought after as early buses in the UK , but here in the states any camper T25 is priced very high , when I was looking for one as my wife's daily driver , a decent one would have cost me around $15K dollars , just take a look on the samba and you can see they are not cheap.
I believe they are underpriced in the UK still and will only get more expensive.
And yes I do own one now :oops: , I will try to get another earlybay to remain cool tought 8) :lol:

Maybe we could export all ours to the US!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts