• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's sensible to ask for a rusty 1700 ISH engine?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub and Bubber

Reaction score
As in the subject line ... No photos yet but pretty much complete with tinware, moobar etc ... (Wanting to clear the decks as opposed to using it for exchange.) ...

What price where you thinking ...... would be interested at the right money

Where are you? I'm guessing you mean type 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simshaz said:
What price where you thinking ...... would be interested at the right money

Sorry only just spotted this ... (quoting flags it up)
I'm told it's somewhere between £200 and £300.
If you're on WhatsApp I'll do photos :)

Well I got a two litre type four and I'm thinking of maybe moving it on to clear the decks a bit. I bought it and was told it's a great runner and they showed me a video of the van it came from driving about in their yard so it's a runner. I haven't seen it or actually run it myself. It's got most ancillaries on it and I'm thinking it's worth a grand, maybe a bit more. If I ever did fit it, I'd rebuild it anyhow just because I would. So I'm thinking yours is worth maybe the same or just a little less perhaps. It's a hard one I guess.

Ozziedog,,,,,, leave it under the bench another decade :lol:

@ozziedog ... Mine was sitting in its own private puddle in the States apparently (corrosion tide mark on the gearbox!) so I doubt we're anywhere near four figures, more like mid to low three figures.
Liking the one-off signatures btw :) Not sure I should start something I can't sustain but:

Dub and Bubber ,,,,, even rust attracts import duty :roll:

Laughed then when I read that. Its that age old marketing conundrum and it's worth what people will pay I guess. If you seriously want to shift it on but aren't in a hurry, I'd bang it up for six hundred for just the motor and tell them all you know especially the private puddle bit, a laugh loosens people and their wallets. I'd also get out to as big an audience as you can like VZI and Latebay and Facebook maybe Samba too, anywhere VW I guess but the Lates in particular because that's really their baby the type 4.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, ''tis good to be different, :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Latest posts