Wheel Alignment Front.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked my front wheel alignment after changing my spindles and mucking about with the front end and the back for that matter.
I’ve made a piece of wood to check my alignment. Did my camber first and the front a heads were pretty much spot on. So I’ve got two beer crates the same size and I’ve put them near where the front tyres bulges/ side walls are as close to the middle of the wheel. Pice of batten on each side too. Measured the sidewall to sidewall at the rear of the front tyre with a three mm piece of foamex like a feeler guage to be a perfect fit. Then measured the front of the front tyres sidewall to sidewall and couldn’t get this 3mm guage in but could see a gap of about half that. So I have a couple of mill toe in and it steals great too. Will be interesting to see how good it is when i get the sight guages on there whenever I can. I’m thinking this is a great starter or better than guessing until you can get to a place with guages. I’m thinking :?: this might even be fairly close if not very very close. We shall see. :mrgreen:

On the back, I’ve got the original spring plates and used the marks on there as a good reference :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, it’ll do for starters :mrgreen:

P.S. When I first started looking at this front end set up the front wheels were toe out by almost three quarters of an inch.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,it steals great ^^^ (steers) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts